Good God Do I Love My Car.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Good God Do I Love My Car. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I guess this will be reason #101,276 why I love my WRX...I'm out with this girl I'm seeing the other ...

Good God Do I Love My Car.

I guess this will be reason #101,276 why I love my WRX...I'm out with this girl I'm seeing the other night, and she happens to live in a backroad development, I mean in the middle of nowhere, with twisties out the wazoo. She's really big into cars, and while I'm cruising nonchalantly through the roads, she tells me, "Let's see what this thing's got!" Gladly! I dropped it to 2nd and let the turbo howling begin!! We come up to the twisties, and the Rex just hugs the turns BEAUTIFULLY (The Evo must be a god of a car through the twisties, cos I was having a load of fun with my car). We're not going at an insane speed here, maybe topping out at 70...having fun ain't worth totalling my car. Anyways, she's having a ball, and she tells me to make a right at a stoplight and keep going for 1/4 mile....whaddaya know...a GRAVEL road! WHOOOO HOOOO...it apparently is a shortcut to her house, even though we passed her house about a mile back lol She says, and I quote, "Let's see how this thing goes through the gravel...my friend's bf tore through this in his RSX Type S!" WTF?!?!?! Alright, I figured time to show this woman the beauty of AWD...

What amazes me is the surefootedness of my Rex under harsh driving circumstances...I freakin slip launched the thing on gravel at about 4000 rpm...I felt a little loss of control, but the car gripped and off we went, bat out of hell style. There were a few harmless, but tight turns. What amazed me the most is how controlled I got those AWD drifts through the gravel...if it understeers a little, just let up off the gas and she regains composure...if you time a turn correctly enough, she controllably slides right into it. Needless to say, my lady friend was thoroughly impressed.

I'm an AWD *****. I readily admit this now.

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"the beauty of AWD"
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Way to impress her, were you rewarded?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

ryland,

of course though i really didn't need the car to do that hehe

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

Re: Good God Do I Love My Car.

Originally posted by slimasian
    Needless to say, my lady friend was thoroughly impressed.

I'm an AWD *****. I readily admit this now.

-slim
    The "Booty" of All Wheel Drive.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

for shame! driving your rex into the car to impress a girl. shame, shame, shame... lol.

Originally posted by slimasian
    ryland,

of course though i really didn't need the car to do that hehe

-slim

Way to be, way to be.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

real nice

It's funny you should post this. Yeaterday, I went through some windy roads myself, and felt the exhiliration that you're describing. It's great
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.