01 Cobra

This is a discussion on 01 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Has anybody raced one. I have a guy that wants to run for some cash and I am pretty sure ...

01 Cobra

Has anybody raced one. I have a guy that wants to run for some cash and I am pretty sure I can take him. From what I hear it is his dad's car and he can't drive very well. As far as mods go he gutted 2 of 4 cats on his car and I have a MBC at 16psi intake hack and a straight pipe from the dp back.
    PM me if you're in the need for high speed affordable video hosting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no chance.. unless your pullin low 13's with that setup which i highly doubt i wouldnt try it. just saw a brand new 03 cobra at the track a few weeks ago with nothing done to it and pullin 13.3's all day so unless you go with turboxs stage 2 or more or some other stage thats about the same dont try it unless you want to loose

Cool Chance?

Could be a chance...remember the Cobra didn't get supercharged until 2003. The 2001 Cobra has a N/A motor. If he can't drive there could be a chance. Most likely you are gonna pull him out of the hole big time. I used to own a 1999 Cobra, launching the Cobra can be tough. You can count on the Cobra pulling on you especially in 3rd and 4th.

Limit the run to a 1/4 mile and make sure you guys go from a dead start. Get a good 5k launch and don't miss any gears. You may be surprised.

Isn't the 03 Cobra much faster than the 01? Here's an article I pulled up on the 01 Cobra. 0-60 5.5, 1/4 mile 14.0

http://edmund.com/reviews/roadtests/...2/page001.html

The 03 Cobra will go 0-60 in mid to high 4's, with a quarter mile time significantly lower than the 01.

Still, unless 1) you're a decent driver, 2) you know he isn't, and 3) you know his car is relatively mod free, you're playing with fire. Best of luck, and drive safe.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    [B]Isn't the 03 Cobra much faster than the 01?

The 2003 Cobra is faster...he says he is racing a 01 Cobra. No supercharger, I think a lot depends on how bad the other driver is.

As far as fire goes, there is some serious fire even in the N/A Cobra. The day I had to trade my Cobra in for a SUV was one of the saddest days of my life. That is until I bought my 2002 WRX!

Yeah you may have a chance on this one. Won't hurt to try it. Good luck and post the results of the race.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

The 01 Cobra you may have a chance against, bu tI would not bet any money. They put about 280 HP to the ground.

The 03 cobra you would have to be crazy to race. Totally different beast....and I mean beast. Iron block, forged crank, supercharged and putting 360-370 HP to the ground totally stock!! Getting well over 400 RWHP out of them is very very very easy!!
    Chris
    2000 WS6 Trans Am
    M6(Hurst)
    MODS: Direct-Flo Lid, GMS MAF, BG Ram Air Mod,
    Hotchkis STB, EGR Mod, Corsa Exhaust (No Muffler)

Let me tell ya' what Melba Toast is packin' right here alright. We got 4.11 positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over .030, 11:1 pop-up pistons, Turbo-Jet 390 horsepower.....We're talkin' some f*%#in' muscle!!
    Wooderson - Dazed & Confused