Nobody here wants to race the WRX...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Nobody here wants to race the WRX... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm staying at my parents house for a few days so I pulled my old Mustang out of the garage ...

Nobody here wants to race the WRX...

I'm staying at my parents house for a few days so I pulled my old Mustang out of the garage and went crusing through town. There's 2 or 3 spots where fellow car nuts hang out so I made sure to cruise by those. A '99-up Saleen (or clone, who knows) came out, kicked my a$$, and went back to his spot. A few more miles ahead and another guy came out in a '68 Mustang coupe, but I got him. I figured with all this, I'll go get back and get my WRX to justify the money I've spent on the few mods I have done. Go by the same spot and everybody just gawks. I pulled in to talk to one of my buddies and see how he was doing. He tells me that with all the hype surrounding the WRX and how fast they are, nobody around will race one. Just thought I'd share the love

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's how they are here too...only a few Saleen and SS's will run me. I get them all on the start...but they pull like kings after that...fun, but I wish others would run me!

the only people that want to race me are budding ricer-types with winged up civics or cavaliers, or even worse - SUVs with lcd monitors behind the front seat headrests.

Oh, to be able to race a GT (sigh)...

Same here for me. It really sucks that no one wants to race. Although a few camaros have revved at me. But that only happens when I have my 13 month old boy with me.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Funny you mentioned.

Last night I went were the Mustang guys hang out with the ol, Rex and about 5-6 were headin to do some straightline fun.

I rode along in the back of the pack and when they paired off and started goin at it I found it pretty easy to keep up,

(They all just kinda took of from a three honk its a three lane long stretch and the were about 4 cars behind each pair)

Kinda freaked me (and quite a few of them) out.

I havent raced anyone (cept a Mercedes somthin or other) and I was kinda suprised it was easy to stay with em!!

All of em them were modded to some degree

(didnt really get nosy as I was the only "Rice" car there<GG>)

But they did show me alot of respect back at the hang,...Nobody made any remarks to ask me to run, So I figure they knew I wasnt slow.

They were pretty nice guys

Shotgun

I think another reason people don't like to race WRX's is because there are so many modded ones running around as well.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Thats true. When you see one, you don't really know what they might have done under the hood.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

I take all that back...go read "WRX vs. Mazda ? Turbo"

Im not into racing on the street, but at the same time, the only people who rev on me or want to toy around are SUVs, Gardeners in pickups and minivans. Its weird!
    04 SVT Lightning

Hey, SUVs are all well and good as long as they are a Porsche Cheyenne
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Porsche Cayenne

Those things look intersting.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.