Road Rage: Civic vs WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Road Rage: Civic vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by driverj Question for everyone - Do you notice major blind spot mainly on the driver's side? I ...

Originally posted by driverj
    Question for everyone - Do you notice major blind spot mainly on the driver's side? I always look over my shoulder (thank goodness) and see cars there , but not in the mirrors.
    Just a bit of advice that I learned a while ago and I found very helpful. Most people (myself included) do not have the side view mirrors angled out anywhere near enough. I had mine so I could actually barely see the side of my car in the mirror! Now I have my side mirrors adjusted so there is very little overlap between the rear-view mirror and the side-view mirror. This usually angles the side-view mirror out enough so that shoulder checking becomes much less important. I still do it (force of habit and probably still not a bad idea) but I'm rarely surprised anymore from the shoulder check by a car that appears next to me out of nowhere.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you guys want a good road rage story check this out, its from the nissan sentra SER and SpecV forums

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=14772

I think we have all been in a similar situation at one point or another. Personally, I carry a telescoping baton in the glove box in case some "out of the car" stuff starts to happen. I can put a dent in a hood or a head with it. I hope I don't ever need it.

That's a crazy story on the Vboard. Who is the WRX guy they referred to?
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Ya know, I hate people sometimes. I had something happen like that to me last year. Some jerk in a low-rider s-10 didn't like that I passed him on the highway I guess. He started flashing his lights and beeping his horn at me. I got off the highway and he came after me. I pulled into the Exon station to get some gas (where I was heading in the first place). He parked away from the pumps while I was getting reay to pump some gas. I was watching him thw whole time. The funny thing was he didn't even say anything to me untill I could see the tire-iron in his hand. He call me some 4 letter words as he walked twards me. Lucky for me and bad for him I always carry my 9mm S&W under my arm. I just lifted my jacket up and he ran like a little girl. I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with some ppl. Thank god I live in PA

P.S Jamie, I didn't know you were a member here. See ya over at NASIOC

{Speed Safely}

-Fess

Originally posted by 1fastsubie
    Ya know, I hate people sometimes. I had something happen like that to me last year. Some jerk in a low-rider s-10 didn't like that I passed him on the highway I guess. He started flashing his lights and beeping his horn at me. I got off the highway and he came after me. I pulled into the Exon station to get some gas (where I was heading in the first place). He parked away from the pumps while I was getting reay to pump some gas. I was watching him thw whole time. The funny thing was he didn't even say anything to me untill I could see the tire-iron in his hand. He call me some 4 letter words as he walked twards me. Lucky for me and bad for him I always carry my 9mm S&W under my arm. I just lifted my jacket up and he ran like a little girl. I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with some ppl. Thank god I live in PA

P.S Jamie, I didn't know you were a member here. See ya over at NASIOC

{Speed Safely}

-Fess
    This guy is a Jerk.
    I would stay cool as you were,,but if he got out of his car i would shot him down .
    Tuca
    2002 Black Wagon WRX
    315HP With the PM-ID

Originally posted by GriffinREX

That's a crazy story on the Vboard. Who is the WRX guy they referred to?
    I'm not sure, I was wondering that myself. If i had to guess I'd say it must have been someone who got convicted of a crime or something after he posted a story on the internet.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Ok....

Just read the whole thread on Vboard (yeah, I've got no life).

Looks like they got it all wrong. They were refering to the thread on one of the WRX boards a while back linking to a Mustang board regarding some lady's Mustang getting the Ferris Bueller treatment at the dealership while it was in for service. The mechanic actually went on the board to brag about it. She read it, the board members gave her enough advice for her to launch a formal complaint and got the idiot fired.

Since there was a lengthy thread on the WRX board, this story is now known as the WRX-Guy story.

tk

I remember that Mustang thread.. but I thought he was referring to the guy on i-club who abused and broke his tranny, then spouted off how it would be fixed under warranty on the message boards. Someone reported him to the local dealer, they denied warranty and the rest is history.
    04 SVT Lightning

Then the Vboard must've gotten it ALL mixed up. Now I'm trying to remember if it was a Mighty Python skit in which knights of the round table told a tale and the story got changed just a little bit as it went from person to person around the table until it came back around and it became a completely different story (LOL).

But I read one of the Vboard threads describing the "WRX-Guy" story, as a mechanic abusing a customer's ride, then bragging about it on the board, and it got him fired.

tk

I've had one experience where this person in a white truck who I was behind in the left lane decided to brake hard a couple of times. I move over into the middle lane because I thought he was just a moron. A minute later the driver in the white truck makes a u-turn and I move back over into the left lane. So there I am, minding my own business and suddenly I get some fool behind me with his brights on.. oh yeah, it was the white truck! He started flashing his lights and swerving left to right for a good 2 minutes. Fortunately there was a ton of traffic and no one was rattled by them so there was no way for him to get back infront of me and try to make me hit him.

Thats the first time heavy traffic ever helped me out.
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

next time pull over in a place with many people and wait outside ur car... if he really wanted some, he'd get out also
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by tuca33
    This guy is a Jerk.
    I would stay cool as you were,,but if he got out of his car i would shot him down .
    Tuca
    Its one thing to say you'd shoot someone. Its another to do it and live with it if you kill them. Its better to scare them away and if they still persist shoot them in the leg and they are no longer a problem. Call self defense since he approached you with a weapon and possible intent to use it in a violent manner (i.e. crushing your skull).

And you'll be let off much easier then he would be. Besides, how can he suffer if he's dead? Pop out both his knees if you feel the need.

A lot of people talk big, few are up to the challenge.
    '89 Ford Bronco, 5.8L - Custom Stereo, Custom Exaust

Future plans to get a WRX.
    Working on it! Hopefully in September.

gentlemen, gentlemen. please keep the small firearms out of the discussion area. lol.

besides, the other guy might have a bigger gun.

I got into a similar, but not so major, situation myself today. I was driving down the road going a comfortable 35-40mph. This guy going the other direction makes a left form the median to go into a shopping center, and has to cross in front of me to do so.

He doesn't stop as I am going (and it is my right of way), and forces me to slam on my breaks so that I wouldn't collide with him. He too slams his breaks, and very gently extends his middle finger as his lips seem to spell all sorts of kind and friendly comments :rolleys:

I just don't understand some people. I'm one of the nicest people anyone could ever meet. Why in the world did he feel he had to ruin my nice drive by behaving the way he did? I was thankful that I was off of my Andro (a supplement notorious for causing mood swings) cycle. Otherwise I would have done something stupid

The point of the story is that there are crazy/disturbed/unhappy people out there. Although it may seem "unmasculine," the wise thing to do is to walk away from these situations. You never know what this person's intentions may be if confronted.
    Last edited by WRXin'; 06-01-2003 at 09:58 PM.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

hey wrxin,

i think driving in cars is just another form of being on drugs, because it makes us do things we wouldn't do otherwise. lol.

to prove my point, most people are courteous enough to hold open doors for people at the mall or office, etc.

but when it comes down to that last parking space closest to the mall or office, all bets are off.

You hear tires screaching, engines revving and horns blaring when drivers realize someone else wants that spot as well.
    lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.