S2000 on the dragon's tail

This is a discussion on S2000 on the dragon's tail within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After reading about the meet in May(see SE forum), and being relatively close to the dragon, I decided to take ...

S2000 on the dragon's tail

After reading about the meet in May(see SE forum), and being relatively close to the dragon, I decided to take a ride this afternoon. As soon as I turned onto the road to Robbinsville, there is a silver s2000 in front of me. He must have seen me in the rear view, because he then proceeded to kick it. I was on his butt in no time going up the twisty road over stechoah gap. I saw that this was an older gentleman, thinking...'mid life crisis'
    We come over the top of the gap and he is punching it out of every corner...I'm on him like glue. The we hit the straightaway at the bottom of the gap and he keeps gitting it...90, 100, 110...I'm on his butt big time...he does not pull away at all and I still have a little throttle left . We get to 120 and I ntice that my hood scoop is trying to lift the hood, so I back off somewhat.
    This would have been great in itself, but then he turns up 129N(dragon's tail)...oh boy....
    We get behind a couple of SUVs going slow and he pulled this crazy double pass on a double yellow line leading right up to a blind corner....I let him have that, I'm not stoopid. I finally get a clear pass and catch back up to him.
    We did a good stretch of the dragon with me on his ass and he could not get away. My RE92s were screaming through most of the corners (time for new tyres) and I was really surprised that he was not able to outhandle me at some spots...especially since I have a wagon and he has 17" wheels and wide tyres, not to mention a lower CG.
    Man...it was awesome...he kept looking back like, "what the hell is that thing?"
    I have to say...I like this WRX thing....An S4 may be nice inside and all, but this car has a soul and proves it everyday.
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Excellent!
    Wat to show that s2000 who's boss!

Yo

Try the DRAGON again but instead of a paved road, have dirt and gravel ... u want some of this

I would love to... I did get a chance to do some snowy driving....awd kicks!!
    '02 WRX Sport Wagon
    Midnight Black Pearl
    Godspeed Uppipe
    K&N filter
    Synthetic Oil
    more to come

AWD rules coming out of corners. That's all I have to say.
    2002 WRX
    13.7@97