Is it me...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is it me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Or did owners of regular Neons get bolder since the release of their more potent brothers, the SRT-4? Over the ...

Is it me...

Or did owners of regular Neons get bolder since the release of their more potent brothers, the SRT-4? Over the past month or so I've noticed a rash of regular neon SXT? drivers who seem to consider their cars to be fast. I had never noticed that before, and I cant say that I'm happy about it. Its just one more slow econobox that I have to put into place. I have yet to run into a SRT-4, but I'm looking forward to it for sure since they actually have some power.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've seen the same thing. Guys driving cars that are about the slowest things on the road pretending their cars are fast?

I had some guy in a neon with fart pipe and some strange paint job act like he wanted to race me in traffic. We were in bumper to bumper traffic and he wants to race? That just drives me crazy.

He probably told his Neon buddies he smoked a WRX because I just ignored him.

Eh, I give props to the 1g Neons.. the RTs and ACRs with 10k in mods can be WRX killers.. or at least 2.5RS killers.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Eh, I give props to the 1g Neons.. the RTs and ACRs with 10k in mods can be WRX killers.. or at least 2.5RS killers.

Put the same amount into each car and see how close it gets....

saying put 10K into a car and it will be a killer is a understatement......

The SRT's are nice, but come on...the regular neons are just junk!
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Smile neon's

yea.. seems that way. there's a young kid down the street from me and every time he drives by and i am outside he rev's.. so the other day i am behind him at the stop light, he takes off slow and i get up beside him rev and look over at him.. hes like ooooooo i was just palying as far as the SRT goes i finally saw one, did a three lane change to get in behind him, would'nt go.. i was very upset... i so wanted to see what they do from a roll stock...maybe next time..
    it's stock really....

there's a guy in my area, he's got a yellow sxt, lowered, stealth exhaust(stock looking tip). He's actually pretty quick, we messed around one night, and wasn't all that easy to shake. I gave him props on his car and he did the same. Kinda ghetto looking guy but very nice. I think looks good. i dont mind the newer neons as much, atleast the very few without altezza's

Even as a SRT-4 owner it seems like these little punks in SXT's *think* they can hang. Like wish said, the 1st gean ACRs are pretty badass for what they were designed for..auto-x.

Just bury a few, they'll get the point!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Yeah, the 1G neons handle hella nicely.. great in the corners... with some suspension mods that is.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I was looking at putting ACR struts (Koni ajustables) on my SRT-4, but they are $725 each!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

You will never believe this. On my way to work this morning a kid/young guy in a bone stock Neon comes flying up from behind. The light up ahead turns red and now he is right behind me at the light. So the light turns green and I leave the line slow and he just sticks to my bumber. So I punch it and move over. I pulled about 4-5 cars in front of him and just drove the speed limit. So here he comes and does a ricer fly bye at about 80mph. I just let him have his victory. Then the next light turns red and he's stuck. I pull up next to him and just wait for the light. When the light turned green he nailed it. I hesitated just a second to give him a lead and then nailed it. By the top of 1st gear I blasted by him like he was sitting still. I took my WRX up to about 90mph and got about 15 cars in front of him. I then slowed down to about 60mph. Then the Neon gets right next to me going 60mph and just shadows me. If I speed up a little he speeds up a little. If I slow down he slows down. He was playing a little game with me. I couldn't take it any more so I put it in 3rd and punched it. I took my WRX up to 100+mph and got about 1 mile in front of him and he got caught at the next light. I then drove to work without this pesky kid bothering me.
    I don't know what he was thinking. He really thought he was hot stuff in this bone stock Neon.

Neons are a joke.....

IMO
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

whoopee!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pink-neon[1].jpg  
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    You will never believe this. On my way to work this morning a kid/young guy in a bone stock Neon comes flying up from behind. The light up ahead turns red and now he is right behind me at the light. So the light turns green and I leave the line slow and he just sticks to my bumber. So I punch it and move over. I pulled about 4-5 cars in front of him and just drove the speed limit. So here he comes and does a ricer fly bye at about 80mph. I just let him have his victory. Then the next light turns red and he's stuck. I pull up next to him and just wait for the light. When the light turned green he nailed it. I hesitated just a second to give him a lead and then nailed it. By the top of 1st gear I blasted by him like he was sitting still. I took my WRX up to about 90mph and got about 15 cars in front of him. I then slowed down to about 60mph. Then the Neon gets right next to me going 60mph and just shadows me. If I speed up a little he speeds up a little. If I slow down he slows down. He was playing a little game with me. I couldn't take it any more so I put it in 3rd and punched it. I took my WRX up to 100+mph and got about 1 mile in front of him and he got caught at the next light. I then drove to work without this pesky kid bothering me.
    I don't know what he was thinking. He really thought he was hot stuff in this bone stock Neon.
    100+, and not on a highway. Ever wonder why they are cracking down on street racers in Florida so much?
    Last edited by 2001S4; 05-22-2003 at 11:18 AM.

Originally posted by skullguy
    Put the same amount into each car and see how close it gets....

saying put 10K into a car and it will be a killer is a understatement......

The SRT's are nice, but come on...the regular neons are just junk!
    While this statement is very true, I just don't think it is the right place to make it. You see, for a long time many people have used the WRX's price as its selling point. For example, a corvette c5 will kill a WRX. WRX owner would argue that for the extra $20,000 that you pay for the C5, you could just get the WRX and put $20,000 of mods into it and kill the corvette. The argument has been used a thousand times. Like I said, I agree with the statement, just seems a little overused here on the in a defensive manner.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    100+, and not on a highway. Ever wonder why they are cracking down on street racers in Florida so much?
    While youre at it, go into every vs. thread and tell them why they are cracking down on street racing in X state.
    04 SVT Lightning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.