Is it me... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Is it me... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants While youre at it, go into every vs. thread and tell them why they are ...

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    While youre at it, go into every vs. thread and tell them why they are cracking down on street racing in X state.
    Cool, thanks for supporting it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    While this statement is very true, I just don't think it is the right place to make it. You see, for a long time many people have used the WRX's price as its selling point. For example, a corvette c5 will kill a WRX. WRX owner would argue that for the extra $20,000 that you pay for the C5, you could just get the WRX and put $20,000 of mods into it and kill the corvette. The argument has been used a thousand times. Like I said, I agree with the statement, just seems a little overused here on the in a defensive manner.
    No defensive matter what so ever was meant here...I was just stating a point of money does buys speed, but why invest your money into a car that is junk to begin with....take that same amount and put it into a car that will handle the extra power...be it a WRX, EVO or whatever...

The original thread was posting it compared to a WRX....so I went along with the thread originality.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Originally posted by skullguy
    No defensive matter what so ever was meant here...I was just stating a point of money does buys speed, but why invest your money into a car that is junk to begin with....take that same amount and put it into a car that will handle the extra power...be it a WRX, EVO or whatever...

The original thread was posting it compared to a WRX....so I went along with the thread originality.
    Oh, don't get me wrong Skullguy. I do agree with you. It is just that the argument of putting this money into this car instead of that car argument is just used way too often IMHO. Like I said, I do agree with your view though.

100+, and not on a highway. Ever wonder why they are cracking down on street racers in Florida so much?
    I won't mention the road just in case smoky wants to hide there in the future. The road is 3 lanes each side and divided in the middle. The road is perfectly straight with not one intersection or side street. (in the zone we were racing). The road is much better than highway 75 (which in our area is only 2 lanes on each side).

I've done well over 150mph on this street. I wouldn't dare try that on any highway around here. The highway is packed with cars and traffic +cops. This road is actually much safer than the highway in my area.

It sucks having a car that will hit 100+mph in 12 sec.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 05-22-2003 at 11:59 AM.

I swear I've read this thread before.
    Must be deja-vue.
    Meh I say Meh

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I won't mention the road just in case smoky wants to hide there in the future. The road is 3 lanes each side and divided in the middle. The road is perfectly straight with not one intersection or side street. (in the zone we were racing). The road is much better than highway 75 (which in our area is only 2 lanes on each side).

I've done well over 150mph on this street. I wouldn't dare try that on any highway around here. The highway is packed with cars and traffic +cops. This road is actually much safer than the highway in my area.

It sucks having a car that will hit 100+mph in 12 sec.
    How do you know you did over 150? The speedo is only 140?

I have only taken my car to 140 so far, and I was wondering how you could tell once you went over.....

oh btw...thanks for the launch advice....works well
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Cool, thanks for supporting it.
    2001S4 I read my message and I came off like a ****, you know thats not my intent. I apologize.
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    2001S4 I read my message and I came off like a ****, you know thats not my intent. I apologize.
    Don't worry about it Mr Fancypants. No blood, no foul. Thanks for the apology. I am sorry also if I came off like a **** as well.

Aww.....now kiss and make up.
    Blech you guys are sappy.

Haha J/K it's good that this board is civilized, thats why I'm here.

Originally posted by PKer
    Aww.....now kiss and make up.
    Blech you guys are sappy.

Haha J/K it's good that this board is civilized, thats why I'm here.
    oh, come on now, we won't leave you out. come here, give me a big kiss -

Originally posted by skullguy
    How do you know you did over 150? The speedo is only 140?

I have only taken my car to 140 so far, and I was wondering how you could tell once you went over.....

oh btw...thanks for the launch advice....works well
    It does suck having a speedo that only goes to 140mph. The only way I truely know how fast I'm going is when my buddy in his LS1 WS6 Ram Air TA shadows me. One day I got my WRX up to 155mph according to his speedo on his T.A. My WRX was still slowly gaining speed when I chickened out. I think my setup is good for 160-165mph. Just make sure there isn't a cross wind or a head wind. The aerodymanics of a WRX aren't that good and the wind will really move the car around on the road. With light winds or a slight tail wind the car handles the speed pretty good.

The worst part is stopping. You need to make sure you have a long straight (safe) road that is clear. With the stock brakes a WRX takes a pretty good distance to slow down. I have found at speeds over 135mph the stock breaks just can't handle it. If you try to slow down quickly from those speeds the breaks really freak out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12