stg4 WRX vs 900+ whp transam (i wonder)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stg4 WRX vs 900+ whp transam (i wonder) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeh so we "randomly met up" on a long straight road at about 2 am in the philly industrial district ...

Lightbulb stg4 WRX vs 900+ whp transam (i wonder)

yeh so we "randomly met up" on a long straight road at about 2 am in the philly industrial district along with a bunch of other "car entusiasts"
    i proceed to pull up to the line... this guys heats his tires up... and everyone else there proceeds to scream " MAN ARE YOU NUTS??!?!"
    he gives me about a 1.5 carlength.. headstart
    the signal is given and i get the best launch of my entire life
    from about 6000.
    im ahead through about the last quarter of 2nd at which point i look right and see his front end drop to the ground as he screams by me like i was standing still

i later found out that this guy runs mid 10's on pump and low 9's on race gas... he has bolt on frame attachments for his wheelie bar ... estimated 1050 hp...
    maybe the 30 in wide slicks in back and the skinnies on the front should have given him away.... oh well.. another day another lesson
    im proud to have ever been ahead of him

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

At least you were ahead until he pressed the gas....
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

is that car even street legal . nice lost

note to self: never mess with cars that have wheelie bar attachments.
    autobots transform

Was there a train coming on the tracks that were exactly a 1/4 mile ahead? Did you get to use the NAWS 3 times during the whole race? LOL, sorry, had to be a jerkoff... At least you tried
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Was there a train coming on the tracks that were exactly a 1/4 mile ahead? Did you get to use the NAWS 3 times during the whole race? LOL, sorry, had to be a jerkoff... At least you tried
    The train didnt get him but the semi truck did.
    04 SVT Lightning

i dont care if a "trans am" had 1000hp i still wouldnt get one. It was an ill decision running against him.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Once slicks are on the car cannot be driven on the street, at least where I live they will give you a nice ticket.

nice loss
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

I was there at the time, but sadly was unable to witness the 'vehicular homicide' take place...busy running from police...o well.

ET Streets are a common DOT approved "street" tire that many of the F-body guys use. They are almost a slick, aside from a few small grooves. They are scary in any amount of rain, and are for straight line performance only-no curves. Still legal though.

Also, high 10 second LS1's are dynoing in the upper 450-500 rwhp range. It doesn't take 900 rwhp to get one into the mid to high 10's. Getting one to low 9's would be around 700-800 rwhp, depending on the weight of the car. Regardless, F-bodies at that point are single purpose, and not really enjoyable to drive around on the street. Cars that run that quick are typically turning 1.4 - 1.5 sixty foot times. Beware of the ones that pick the front end up off the ground when they launch. I'd be scared of the guy landing on me if I started off in front! LOL

Anyway, cool of you to have the balls to run him. Most guys with those 9-10 second cars can't get anyone willing to step up to the line with 'em.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Originally posted by Nexus6
    It was an ill decision running against him.
    How so? You don't always have to win. There's some fun in losing. I would love to race a Marcielago or an F50 even if though I'm certain that'll I'll lose
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I'll race anything that wants some next to me.. win or lose.. including that damn Hayabusa.. I almost had him.. and then he actually launched.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

There is absolutely nothing wrong with running with (or behind) someone that you cannot possibly beat. I would find it very exciting to have any 400 hp car fly by me, let alone a 1,000 hp car.

My God, that would have been a beast.

AJ
    "You have to let it all go; fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free...your mind."

You can run, but between my Glock and My WRX- you will only die tired.

2002 Black WRX Sedan RIP 08.24.04
    2005 Black WRX STi 09.14.04

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by AjDaMan
    At least you were ahead until he pressed the gas....
    ahhahaha that was hilarious

Thumbs up

Originally posted by WRXin'
    How so? You don't always have to win. There's some fun in losing. I would love to race a Marcielago or an F50 even if though I'm certain that'll I'll lose
    Ditto!

Nice loss.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.