funny ls1 pic - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on funny ls1 pic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by jar_e_d sti I was taling about the bodie and chasis, of course they are going to put ...

Originally posted by jar_e_d sti
    I was taling about the bodie and chasis, of course they are going to put a bigger engine in it, that's the only way they know how to make power.
    Kinda like a WRX....

Why dont you go spread your hate elsewhere. All my cars have been imports my current car being a WRX. Im sorry but most of us dont share your ignorant views.

Ill be the first to admit a 2.0 litre 4 banger wont even come close to the ultimate potential of an american V8.

If you want to talk about handling lets talk about how american ACR neons hand most imports thier asses in autoX.

Get Real

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's a Holden Monaro. The Commodore is a sedan.

It looks like a Pontiac Grand Am because it's another Pontiac, and if nobody has noticed yet, companies tend to give their line of cars similar looks.

But dude...the world famous Tremec T56 and the tried and true LS1...the Monaro would basically be a Corvette. I wonder how much estimated prices on those are...I'll be suprised if it's below $32,000 base.

The new GTO looks alot like the 2-door Grand Prixs, as for it sharing alot with the Grand Am I really doubt it. And the pricing according to my dealer is said to be under 30g's.

of course they are going to put a bigger engine in it, that's the only way they know how to make power

I could have sworn last time I checked under my hood, it had a supercharger in it......
    Last edited by GTP_Gator; 05-23-2003 at 06:59 PM.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

I don't quite trust dealers on information about cars that haven't come out yet. Call me skeptic. But under $30,000 does sound about right for someting like the GTO, especially if they want to compete with the 350Z and the sports car revival its brought.

Does the GTP have the same engine as the old fishy-looking Buick Riviera? If it does...I think the SC is a little too quiet...

Yeah I think that the Buick had the 3800 V6....very nicy torquey engines down low. The SC is very quiet in mine but a smaller pulley really makes them scream....here listen to this one:

http://www.triadsurveyors.com/kevin/videos/mevsgp.mpg
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

But under $30,000 does sound about right for someting like the GTO, especially if they want to compete with the 350Z and the sports car revival its brought.

Exactly, with the RX-8 starting at 27k along with the Z they would have to price the GTO at 30 or under. You can even get a G35 coupe for 31000.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123