funny ls1 pic - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on funny ls1 pic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, the GTO is a tad bit more than a Grand Am... infact its a LOT more...

Yeah, the GTO is a tad bit more than a Grand Am... infact its a LOT more
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd at least take a look at a new GTO. I just dont think they should be calling it a GTO. Trying to pray on people's memories I guess. Lets face it, if it had been intended to be a GTO from the beginning and they just built it somewhere else fine but to take an import and call it a GTO is just wrong to me. Call it something else already.

it's a holden commadore i think it is with a small block v8. making like 345horse or some shizit. forgive me big red but i'm not a monster pontiac guy. also i hate the new gto i think it's richard simmons ghey!! bring back the old GTO 400 4spd on the floor red wall tires etc....
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Well ofcourse Id rather drive a classic GTO.. but the new one i think is nice for a GM.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    Yeah, the GTO is a tad bit more than a Grand Am... infact its a LOT more
    I was taling about the bodie and chasis, of course they are going to put a bigger engine in it, that's the only way they know how to make power.
    --Jared

go fast, take the apex(no matter what)

Um... they look pretty different to me.. not to mention one is rwd and the other is fwd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gto.jpg  
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

and heres the other.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grandam.jpg  
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Originally posted by jar_e_d sti
    I was taling about the bodie and chasis, of course they are going to put a bigger engine in it, that's the only way they know how to make power.
    Well, you are still wrong. Maybe you are talking about the external appearance. I'm willing to bet that the Grand Am and GTO share ZERO body and chasis components. The GTO is based off the Australian Holden design (possibly the Monaro, but I'm not sure) and will have basically the same LS1 engine and available T-56 tranny that the Camaro and TA's had. The 340 hp rating is just bumped up to a little closer than what they should have been rated fromt the beginning. Flywheel HP on the lastest LS1's is close to 350. They have dynoed anywhere between 300-325 RWHP. Do the math.

Also, I'm sure that GM knows how to make more power in smaller engines. Forced induction is not a big secret.

I'll agree with that, I don't think they really have anything in common minus the same company. GM is actually trying to come out with a supercharged version of the Cavalier and Sunfire but are having problems with the transaxle taking the power increase.. I honestly think their major problem lies in lack of a decent FWD transaxle design and not power.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

my friends dad owns Ernie Miller Pontiac in Tulsa, (Biggest GM parts distributer in the country), I have looked at and driven the GTO. Even he says that it shares a lot w/ the Grand Am.

I think they should have gone w/ the concept design.
    --Jared

i haven't seen the back end of the new GTO but i do agree it looks like a grand am. it may not share anything with it but that's what it looks to me. they should've went retro like the 05mustang did. when is the gto coming out? it's been in "production for bout a year or so now. when does it come here. the bad thing, if i'm correct here, is that it's almost like 40grand. that's 2 much if u ask me. then markup. that's approaching corvette territory.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

The Impreza looks like a Neon.

The GTO looks like a Grand Am.

Can we get some originality please .

Maybe you guys are thinkin grand prix? I dont see Grand Am in the GTO at all. What do you guys think of GM's SAAB plans then? Companies cant change overnight, but I think that GM is moving along.
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

I seriously think that they are not doing good things w/ saab.
    --Jared

Originally posted by jar_e_d sti
    I seriously think that they are not doing good things w/ saab.
    even the Saabaru? It think that will be a sweet ride, WRX with nicer interior and more conservative exterior. I think they will sell quite well.
    "Well kids you tried and didn't succeed, the important thing to remember here is...... Never Try." - Homer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast