SPEC V & MSP vS. Wrx wagon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SPEC V & MSP vS. Wrx wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I caught a light next to a spec V, I had 1 passenger and dog and some extra baggage. He ...

SPEC V & MSP vS. Wrx wagon

I caught a light next to a spec V, I had 1 passenger and dog and some extra baggage. He kept revving at me and looking over. I didnt' want to waste a launch on a car I shouldn't have a problem with. So he launches and I accel. AFAP, slowly, slowly creeping on him, finally passed him at about 90. Mods at that time: txs stealthback, I/C hoses.

Came out of a light next to a black Mazdaspeed with 1 passenger, I had 3 passengers. He had me at first from about a 15mph roll, then we started coming up to a light that was red and I had to turn. So it was hard to tell if I started to pull on him or if he braked first, but I was surprised, I should have a 30whp on him. I had the same mods as the first plus a MBC @ 15psi

Anyone had any trouble with either one of these cars? I was very surprised, I am a good driver(so I think). Its odd though, since I installed the txs exhaust and the MBC, my power band seems to be quick different than how everyone on here describes their's. I have a quick surge at about 2800(obviously) and then it dies a little, then exactly at 5000 its hits HARD, really hard. Its like all top end. I mean I like it, but its just so different than when I was stock where it was all mid-range, I know MBC keeps the boost from tapering at high rpms, but what happened to my midrange umph?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats way odd, that Spec V should have been pretty much nothing to the Rex.. although the MazdaSpeed should have put up a fight... but with exaust and an MBC... should have been the Rex all the way.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

When my wagon was stock, and I had two other guys in it, I couldn't keep up with a Spec V.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

Hmmm.. i knew they were quick.. they feel nice and quick from the drivers seat (torquey ) but not WRX sedan quick.. but maybe?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Whats up, I currently have a spec v with only a cai. I raced my friend who has an 03 wrx and he pretty much handed me my butt. It was him off the line and he just slowly started walking on me. I know my car like no other, and I can launch it really good. I've raced 4 other people with spec v's and I have taken them all. Unless the guy that you raced was some kinda race god, something is wrong.
    Dont' get a Nissan

Thats what I thought.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

I used to have a SpecV, they're fairly quick. The WRX is faster, but if you didnt launch at all, I could see having to work a few gears to get ahead, stock vs stock.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Originally posted by Gtoaster
    Whats up, I currently have a spec v with only a cai. I raced my friend who has an 03 wrx and he pretty much handed me my butt. It was him off the line and he just slowly started walking on me. I know my car like no other, and I can launch it really good. I've raced 4 other people with spec v's and I have taken them all. Unless the guy that you raced was some kinda race god, something is wrong.
    He had the stock muffler, but it didn't sound like it at all, and prolly had an intake and other bolt-on's. He wasn't driving to uh...um.... Maturely?..... I just find interesting how most people say they get overtaken at the higher speeds but, it seems that thats where my car shines. Anyone else have the 5k-7k punch with similar mods?

yeah, as Gtoaster said.....

I have an 03 WRX Sedan, and my friends got an 03 SpecV with CAI, and although we haven't raced since he got the intake, stock for stock i completely destroyed him, without launching... i was a good 2 car lengths by the end of 2nd.... you shouldnt have any problem with this car

u sure ur car is running ok? when did u shift when u were racing?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Gtoaster. Sorry to go off topic. I saw your sig. I got rid of my Nissan for the 03 WRX. Those things are just unhappy at high speed bends. The service also sucks! Subaru dealers here are really nice The only thing I don't like with them is, they are closed on Saturdays.

I bought my Spec V last June also. As much as I love the power and the response off the line, My mind changed after a bad snowstorm and test driving the WRX.

You thought the WRX is bad on the top end? You haven't seen a Spec V.

They have no lag though. So if you drive an auto or trying to take it from a roll, you might have to commit yourself into reeling them in.

As far as the MazdaSpeed vs the Spec? It was an even race when I had mine.

Service, price, quality.... I have to hand it to Subaru all the way. And I consider myself a Spec V lover still....

Yeah, I guess its just cause I didn't launch on these, but I often do wonder if my car is running ok, I didn't much gain from the stealth-back.

I love my car do death, if it was in my best interest to keep it i would in a heartbeat. But the service really sux. I went in today when they told me my car was gunna be done and they guy said it would be done in five minutes. I went over to the mitsu lot to look at the evo for about twenty minutes (i tried to get him to let me test drive it, didnt work) and then i went back to my dealership. The service manager gave me sooo much attitude it was rediculous, I just looked at him for a second then I walked back to the car where my older brother was waiting. I told him bout it and he went over and *****ed him out. Then I left without my car cuz I was sooo pissed.

In summary, dont get a nissan if you want good service.
    Dont' get a Nissan

In summary, dont get a nissan if you want good service.
    I disagree. I have owned 10 Nissans in my life, with all but one purchased new. And I've never had problems that you are describing. Dealerships operate separately, so judging an entire make of cars based on a bad dealership experience is unfair. If it were me, I'd call Nissan NA to tell them about it...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast