SPEC V & MSP vS. Wrx wagon - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on SPEC V & MSP vS. Wrx wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2003WRX I disagree. I have owned 10 Nissans in my life, with all but one purchased new. ...

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    I disagree. I have owned 10 Nissans in my life, with all but one purchased new. And I've never had problems that you are describing. Dealerships operate separately, so judging an entire make of cars based on a bad dealership experience is unfair. If it were me, I'd call Nissan NA to tell them about it...
    I would have to agree with GToaster on this. I have since taken Toyota's and Nissan from my list of where to buy my next car because of the service history I have in my area. Even their parts department blew.

I do allot of research for people before they buy their cars and I include this as one criteria. I have recommended people to buy Honda's because of excellent service if not excellent everyday cars, but I discredit the price. If price is not an issue, they go with that. If Subaru would just open their shops on Saturdays, they would probably rank higher on my easy to own list, but taking a day off to have your car serviced just doesn't fly with a whole lot of people.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2003WRX
    I disagree. I have owned 10 Nissans in my life, with all but one purchased new. And I've never had problems that you are describing. Dealerships operate separately, so judging an entire make of cars based on a bad dealership experience is unfair. If it were me, I'd call Nissan NA to tell them about it...
    The vast majority of Nissan dealerships and service suck coming from many owners on the Nissan forums and my personal friends. After having the same experience myself, I would have to be a part of that group.

I'm not saying ALL Nissan dealerships are bad. Just as the best brand having bad seeds, the bad brand can have good seeds.

Nissan makes great products and have a great vision. But the way they train their salesman AND the way they service your car, Few rivals the poor customer service that they give. That includes ALL the dealerships in the KC area.

I'm glad you have a good one to go to. I envy you

My experience with Nissan has been mixed. The local dealer (10 miles away) sucks rocks. Same owner has the Honda dealer next door. The day my wife went in for an oil change and walked out $130 later is the day I vowed they would never see another penny from me. 3 days later we traded the Accord for the WRX (which she loved at the time and now claims it's too small and she wants a pathfinder. No way I'm trading the WRX for a pathfinder, I'll get rid of my truck first.

The Nissan dealer 30 miles away has been great. Same owner runs the subie dealer next door and while they've been good too I do my own oil changes. They made it too damn easy to bother paying someone to do them.

Well, I am a former Spec V owner myself and also consider myself a Spec lover. I traded my Spec last Friday at Ed Voyles for the WRX I have wanted for the past 10 years . When the paint started to flake off my hood and in front of my sunroof, I told Nissan about it. I also mentioned the fading paint on my spoiler, door handles and mirrors (yellow looks like crap when it fades) and the run on the front fender that was under the factory clearcoat. My dealership went to the end of the earth to please me but Nissan Corporate refused to fix my car. Soooooo, Ed Voyles gave me a good trade-in and I am now driving the car I have wanted for so long. Nissan Corporate sucks ass I have owned 2 280 zx's (one turbo) and a '91 300zxTT. None of those cars gave me any trouble and the dealer was wonderful in their service of the cars. I am hoping Ed Voyles is going to be good on their service and honor the warranty. As far as the Spec V goes in term of speed, it is a fantastic car but not on par with the Rex. However, driven correctly it will show its taillights to most other compacts. Though I got my ass handed to me on several occasions by a WRX or two, there were the occasions where I got a good lead and kept it for a bit. The Spec is a great car make no mistake. Handles well, looks pretty good and goes pretty well too.
    Last edited by Shabba; 05-22-2003 at 07:04 AM.
    -Colin

'03 Blue Meanie Rex
    '88 Isuzu I-Mark RS Turbo
    '83 Porsche 944
    '79 Datsun 280ZX the "Skittle"
    '77 Datsun 280Z
    '72 Datsun 240Z Blue 'not so" Meanie

overweight!

i dont know about everyone else, but i can tell the difference between a full tank of gas and a 1/4 tank in performance! adding two more people on top of that is probably why you struggled with the spec-v. i just have an up-pipe, and i killed a spec by about 4 cars! (i don't know how he was driving)

seems like adding even a little weight has huge effects on performance! 1 gal. gas=7lbs.(about) 15 gal=105lbs. roughly.

2 other guys= 300+!

some tester actually said that the 2001 SE w/ 2.0 liter was faster from 0-60 mph that the SPEC-V. WTH?!? More money for a slower car?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12