New M3 vs Stock 04 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New M3 vs Stock 04 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just had my first race tonight and it was exciting. I was crusing up and down a local highway ...

New M3 vs Stock 04 WRX

I just had my first race tonight and it was exciting. I was crusing up and down a local highway looking for some action when I see a BMW behind me. I couldn't tell what kind it was in my rear view and I was praying for a red light because there was no one else next to me. So I the light in front of us turns red and I slow down faster than him so I can see what kind of car it is. It turns out to be a M3. I knew it was going to be tough. Well, we get to the light and the two guys look over and I knew we were going to go. They were about 20ish so I had no doubt. We both start reving and the light turns green. I didn't drop the clutch but I got a really good start. He squeeled his tires a little, not much. I had him through first, and part of second. By 50mph I was a 1/2 car in front. After that he kept pulling, we went to about 85mph and he was a 1/2 car in front. I got the feeling that if we kept going he would keep pulling.
    We caught the next light and they roll the passenger window down and tell me I have a nice car. I was surprised that they said that. Not that it isn't a nice car, but I took that as a really classy comment. I told them the same and then the passenger said, he just got his 04 WRX and he really likes them.
    All in all it was a cool race with a couple of cool kids. I think races like that are really fun. Would have been better if I won, but hey, M3's are pretty bad. Now I'm ready for the Sh** talker at work with his 540i.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm.. not calling BS by any means cuz you would have no reason to do so, but unless these 04's are alot quicker (which they shouldnt be) that M3 driver needs to take some lessons if it was infact an E46. It shoulda had you by quite a bit more than 1/2 car at 85, they are completely diff. animals in terms of performance. Either way, good race, and glad ur enjoyin your WRX.
    Last edited by WishIHadWRX; 05-17-2003 at 10:05 PM.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

I am not really sure what kind of M3 it was. I am not up on BMW's. I know that the back of the car said m3 and it looked like a newer model. I think, since I am bored, I will look at pics of M3's and try to figure out what it was.
    Anyway, it was an enjoyable race.
    '04 WRB premium package.
    Gutted Stock up, Godspeed dp, Cobb AccessPort (Stage 2), Omori Turbo Guage, Omori EGT Guage, Falken 512's

After looking at pics, I would say it was a mid 90's version. It definatly didn't look like any of the 2000 models.
    '04 WRB premium package.

K, then absolutely understandable. When ya said new I was thinkin the 2000 up (E46 M3). What you raced is an E36, a great car and a formidable foe. Nice run! Be careful with those new ones tho, youll be given a hurtin As previously stated, nice run.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

Hey!

That was me!

We were cruising around in my friend Mikes E36 M3(1995). Ridge Road right?

Car is stock w/ the exception of a Borla Cat-Back, sounds great.

After that race, Mike and I were talking about how it was the "perfect street race"

Great race man!!!

*Another summary of race:

Both at light, M3 gets a pretty decent launch only squeels a little bit, and the WRX gains about a carlength. Once we shifted into third we began to pass the WRX. Great fun! *

IM me at rybk220 if you ever wanna cruise around
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    Hey!

That was me!

We were cruising around in my friend Mikes E36 M3(1995). Ridge Road right?

Car is stock w/ the exception of a Borla Cat-Back, sounds great.

After that race, Mike and I were talking about how it was the "perfect street race"

Great race man!!!

*Another summary of race:

Both at light, M3 gets a pretty decent launch only squeels a little bit, and the WRX gains about a carlength. Once we shifted into third we began to pass the WRX. Great fun! *

IM me at rybk220 if you ever wanna cruise around
    get a room ahahah nice job meeting friends

Thats funny, yeah it was on ridge road. The speed limit is like 35 or something, and I was praying that your radar detector worked well. Once you throw all those mods on your black wrx, you should be able to take the bmw. Hope to see you guys around soon.
    Mike
    '04 WRB premium package.

Yea he is actually borrowing my Valentine 1, we were pretty safe. Definitely would suck to get caught racing though.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Ryland, I was also thinking of the prodrive axle back. What made you decide on that? I was also looking at the Greddy EVO, what do you think of it? I want to hear your car with the prodrive on it.
    '04 WRB premium package.

PM'd ya back.

Here are my reasons for buying the prodrive exhaust:

1. Didn't want a huge exhaust tip, and the prodrive tip is very attractive.
    2. Didn't want to be TOOOOOO loud, but i wanted it to have very good sound quality, again, prodrive fits the bill here.
    3. I got a great price from a member on this board for his prodrive axle back, so the price was right and i think its the right muffler for me.

Also, there are so many positive comments about turboxs stealthback + prodrive axle back, which is my planned full exhaust.

BTW PM'd you back.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.