stock vette... modded lightning... lol
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on stock vette... modded lightning... lol within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so im at the local spot where we meet up... we meet there then go somewhere to race.. anywho, stock ...

stock vette... modded lightning... lol

so im at the local spot where we meet up... we meet there then go somewhere to race.. anywho, stock vette is sitting there revving like crazy.. (dunno why) so i throw a few revvs and he quits... its crazy people say my car sounds like a built v8.. anywho, i roll over and ask if his vette can beat my four door family sedan? and he looks my car over and says "yeah i think i can take it..." i say really, what does it run in the 1/4 mile? he had no idea, so i pull my stack of slips outa my center section.. i read the one on top.. 12.75 @ 108, thats not bad eh.. still think u can take me i ask? he thinks real hard, and says he thinks he can... but he didnt want to go race for money, or even for fun... lol

second story is a ford lightning, modded... at least an exhaust.. so lets race from a 60 punch on the highway.. so we take off, he gets maybe a 1/2 car and then he quits ~90.. we do it again, same result... i think our cars are equal just he has instant power with the supercharger... anyways... the passenger yells out the window "hey! are our tail lights working??" i was like hmmmm... i need to build my motor and get my gear set, so i can click off some 11s and they wont have any room to talk lol

who wants to give me ~$5,000 ?

-mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Were you brake boosting on the highway run? It REALLY helps a turbo car stay with an n/a or supercharged one on a highway punch. Even more so with a big turbo.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

I ran a 13.0 @ 106 Lightning from a 20 roll and he got like 2 full carlengths on the jump. My tiny stock turbos spool damn quick but nothing is like a positive displacement supercharger. Stock my car is rated at 310 torque at 2500 rpm so bottom end power isn't bad. It should be over 400 torque now (crank of course) and ~ 420-430 hp.

I caught him by 60 and by 80 was pulling hard. There's just nothing you can do to combat that instant power of a roots V8. I'm adding two 16g's next week which will actually increase lag, but when the boost comes on, look out!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Re: stock vette... modded lightning... lol

Originally posted by MJU1983
    ... the passenger yells out the window "hey! are our tail lights working??"

LOL! That is hilarious..i like it!
    04 SVT Lightning

What's brake boosting and how does it work?
    I hear the term alot on supra forums and stuff but I never understood it?
    4EAT White WRX
    Hallman MBC @ 15lbs
    Removed Silencer
    3" custom cat-back w/ glass pack
    Gruppe-S uppipe

It was explained thoroughly in my very first kill story here:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...brake+boosting

It is the only practical way to avoid playing catchup on a highway punch with a turbo car.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

is brake boosting practical for an automatic caR?
    4EAT White WRX
    Hallman MBC @ 15lbs
    Removed Silencer
    3" custom cat-back w/ glass pack
    Gruppe-S uppipe

You shouldn't have stopped at 90. Lightnings will hit the proverbial air wall at over 100 mph. You may have been able to even it up.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    You shouldn't have stopped at 90. Lightnings will hit the proverbial air wall at over 100 mph. You may have been able to even it up.
    yeah i know... i was pissed because i totally hung right with him... i was looking for all the red lightnings at the track to challenge them to a grudge match... Ill do a lil weight reduction and add ~5 degrees of timing with some race gas... click off a lil 12.4 and beat him...

-mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.