WRX vs C5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs C5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man what a car! That thing is fast! the c5 that is. even though he got a head start since ...

WRX vs C5

Man what a car!
    That thing is fast! the c5 that is. even though he got a head start since i was following him, he let it out and it walked away.
    I got to admit it man....
    I gave him the thumbs up as i passed him later and he looked like he was a bit surprised I was as close as i was. it was too! All I have is a K&N, and I run 94 Sunoco. At the time though i was on 92 Speedway gas.
    The race started at 80mph and went to about 110mph so i know i wouldn't win it. But I wasn't embarrased either, I mean this car has some nerve man!
    I know a mbc would have at least kept me up with him and that would have been amazing to do. Man I might just have to try an mbc after all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You need more then MBC to beat a vette..

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    exactly how fast is a c5? corvettes are pretty hard to keep up with...just imagine trying to go with a c5, now thats near impossible

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/index_features.htm

No. but really, stock vs stock, i'm gonna drive alongside the c5 and pretend i'm not driving a subie and i absolutely DO NOT wanna race.

---well not till i get nitrous, RaCinWRX

I'm saving for a PE1820 and feul pump and injectors just so I can beat a Vette. I hear that a good driver can pull off a 12.9 pretty consistantly in a Corvette. I'm hoping for mid to high 12s after These mods. So yeah....generally a C5 corvette is not somthing you even try to race in a WRX unless you've got a good amount of work done to it. I can only imagine at this point what it's going to feel like to beat one of those.

Ok, so a guy I work with has an '86 (?) C5. It has a 350 with positraction. It's also an Automatic. Can I beat him from a stop? When will he start to catch up if I do? BTW he doesn't have many miles on his car.

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    Ok, so a guy I work with has an '86 (?) C5. It has a 350 with positraction. It's also an Automatic. Can I beat him from a stop? When will he start to catch up if I do? BTW he doesn't have many miles on his car.
    86 C5? I don't think they were refered to as being a C5 then...

Anyway, auto or not, don't sweat it. A Vett is a Vett, and it will make you look bad.

Mid-eighties 'vettes are not that quick, and you should be able to beat him off the line, if that's what he has. If your WRX is stock but you make a great start, my guess is that he'll pass you around 70mph.

Don't mess with C5s though until you are pumping around 300HP from your WRX.

Mid 80s Vettes

1988 Chevrolet Corvette 6 0-60 14.6 1/4
    1986 Chevrolet Corvette 5.8 0-60 14.4 1/4
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7 0-60 14.1 1/4
    1984 Chevrolet Corvette 6.7 0-60 15.1 1/4

Heh, no, an 86 is a C4. And actually, if you can drive, you stand a good chance. With a good launch, it will take past 70 for him to catch you...I'd be willing to bet 90 or higher (auto helps his launch, hurts his top end). Give it a shot and see...if you lose, you lose...but that's way more fun than not racing at all

VV

Originally posted by Suparu

86 C5? I don't think they were refered to as being a C5 then...

Anyway, auto or not, don't sweat it. A Vett is a Vett, and it will make you look bad.

...agreed!

He said C5, but I forget what year he said. I can launch, and he's not about to rev in neutral and drop it. So what's the verdict, I've heard yes I'll win and no way.

Vettevert,
    Congratulations on becoming this sites most-favorite-non-wrx-owner-member!
    Please, could you teach those audi guys some manners for civilizations sake?

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    He said C5, but I forget what year he said. I can launch, and he's not about to rev in neutral and drop it. So what's the verdict, I've heard yes I'll win and no way.
    Find out the year... he may be blowing smoke about it being a C5. Have you seen it? C5s look like this:

..I personally wouldn't race if it's a C5.

I whoop up on LS1's at the track from 0-80...

AWD rules!
    2002 WRX
    13.7@97

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.