Evo kill #3 for me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo kill #3 for me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got to race an blue stock Evo up at a spot in NY tonight; we raced for an small ...

Evo kill #3 for me

I got to race an blue stock Evo up at a spot in NY tonight; we raced for an small amount of money.

My freind flagged the race, it was done on an marked 1/4mile highway straightaway; it's a one way highway so there was no oncoming traffic or anything ridiculus like that so you know etc.

In the first 60' I got about an car on him I think, and then I pulled another car by the 1/8th mile from what I could tell, and when I passed the finish line in 4th gear I was told I had almost 3 cars on him

I don't think my car is that much faster than his though, I think I'm a better driver(not to sound like an tool). He couldn't get his car out of the hole as good as I can..

Sorry no vid., noone had an camera.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you're the one who raced an Evo with stage 2, right??

where in NY??

good kill.

Good job. I wonder if he is going to post his defeats on EVO web sites?
    I can't wait for my chance at one.

paul, what mods
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

ya think living in the car capitol of the world, i'd at least get to line up w/one by now....but just my luck, i've only seen one, at get this, it had an out of state license plate, hehe
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by nyxjf
    you're the one who raced an Evo with stage 2, right??

where in NY??

good kill.
    I kinda have an stage 2, i have an stag.2 unichip but thats the only turboxs part i have,

My mods are,
    K&N panel filter etc.
    Samco IC/radiator hoses
    GFB pullies
    Perrin upipe
    Stromung 2.5inch catless turboback
    STI organic/kevlar clutch with Type RA pressure plate
    JUN flywheel
    STI grp. N engine/tranny mounts
    STI hoodscoop
    Unichip stg.2
    MY00 RS rims with RE730s

Pretty straightforward mods, all bolt on stuff.

My next mods are, on June 16th I was going to get an STI water spray kit, with the tank that mounts in the trunk, and Denso iridium plugs(I have 44k on my car so it's near time to do the plugs). I was going to go with one step colder, but I have been getting alot of different opinions on it

Then after that I am going to get the turboXS TMIC, and send my unichip to get remapped for free to the stg.3 Probably in august i guess
    Last edited by PaulRex; 05-15-2003 at 12:47 PM.

Hey Paul have you thought about just going with the TXS fmic? it looks sweet!
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Hey Paul have you thought about just going with the TXS fmic? it looks sweet!
    Nope, not with the stock turbo, plus the TMIC is way easier for me to install. I think the shorter hoses will provide less lag etc., and since I'm getting that waterspray kit in conjuction with the STI hoodscoop I should be alright in terms of cooling even if I upgrade my turbo later on.

dont mind me, i'm new...

everything i have read on the new evo's says that their clutch is impossible to get just right for that oh, so sweet awd launch. watch out when he fixes the problem though!

Re: dont mind me, i'm new...

Originally posted by mercmeteor
    everything i have read on the new evo's says that their clutch is impossible to get just right for that oh, so sweet awd launch. watch out when he fixes the problem though!
    Eh, I'm not worried about an stock Evo, it's the modded ones I wont even race hehe. They can run high 12s with just an exhuast and an boost controller!

paulrex

yeah, i know they will have a huge advantage in the aftermarket, due to the simpicity of the design, and 10yrs worth of 4G63 support in the aftermarket! ( in the u.s. anyways )

i wonder how much eclipse magic is interchangeable with the evo...

Paul, I would advise against Iridium plugs. When I went to TXS to dyno my car, I had a convo with Nathan (Technical Projects Director) cause I wanted to put Denso Iridiums in my car. He told me that they are junk and the BEST plugs for a turbo car is copper, but in the WRX, they were only lasting 3,000 miles. He said since changing the plugs on WRX is a PITA, he uses what comes in the REX from the factory, which is platinum. You guys can get away with platinum plugs because the WRX creates a better spark than the SRT. As far as 1 range colder goes, it all depends on how much hp your car is making. Even with my numbers, Nate told me not to go colder.

Oh, NICE KILL BTW!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Re: Evo kill #3 for me

Originally posted by PaulRex
    I got to race an blue stock Evo up at a spot in NY tonight; we raced for an small amount of money.

My freind flagged the race, it was done on an marked 1/4mile highway straightaway; it's a one way highway so there was no oncoming traffic or anything ridiculus like that so you know etc.

In the first 60' I got about an car on him I think, and then I pulled another car by the 1/8th mile from what I could tell, and when I passed the finish line in 4th gear I was told I had almost 3 cars on him

I don't think my car is that much faster than his though, I think I'm a better driver(not to sound like an tool). He couldn't get his car out of the hole as good as I can..

Sorry no vid., noone had an camera.
    was this at spring valley/rt 59/ parkway?
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

now Pau has UTEC. I got his stage 2 unichip. Way to to Paul. BTW, I use one step colder Iridium....

Originally posted by PaulRex

My next mods are, on June 16th I was going to get an STI water spray kit, with the tank that mounts in the trunk, and Denso iridium plugs(I have 44k on my car so it's near time to do the plugs). I was going to go with one step colder, but I have been getting alot of different opinions on it

Then after that I am going to get the turboXS TMIC, and send my unichip to get remapped for free to the stg.3 Probably in august i guess
    First of all, dont get the tank, extra weight with no benefit. I just got another pump and used my stock water tank. works better, no extra weight.

Plus, when you run your stock water tank, run water/alcohol mixture, better control on water with the benefits of extra evaporation.

also, if you can, get the sti water spray switch, and set it up, simple set up and better running with the water spray.

if you cant, get the mrt water spary actuator, automatic, runs off the stock ecu, easy to adjust.

just a thought for you
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast