Blue WRX in JAX???

This is a discussion on Blue WRX in JAX??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is there an owner of a blue WRX in Jacksonville FL. here that had a short run with a red ...

Blue WRX in JAX??? (WRX vs. "not broken in" G35C)

Is there an owner of a blue WRX in Jacksonville FL. here that had a short run with a red G35 Coupe tonight? If so, just wanted to say hey, nice run!!!
    Last edited by G35TR; 05-15-2003 at 01:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you thinking of JAG? Never heard of a show JAX before. By JAX, I meant Jacksonville, FL.

doh!! Strike 2 on me....JAG it is....

Btw, Nice Car!! I love the G35....Awesome car....if I only had waited another year to buy my car....(sigh). Anyways, how did the race go anyways? I would guess that if it was a highway race, you probably should have one, unless the WRX was modded.
    Last edited by swipe112; 05-15-2003 at 11:44 AM.

Yeah, race went alright, more so for him then me.

Race started around 50 MPH I'd guess. My car is only a couple weeks old, and I'm still breaking her in (only 600 miles), so I really didn't want to run, but couldn't help myself. At 50 MPH I downshifted as well as him, and I pulled a quick 1/2 car on him, then we were stuck till, I'd guess about 90. Again, b/c I was supposed to breaking her in still, I was shifting around 5000RPM (I know I know, I shouldn't have. I felt guilty enough as it is). Anyway, like I said, we were in a standstill until about 90. Around 100mph, he started inching back up on me. Then I shifted again @ ~4500RPM at probably close 110MPH. Once I shifted, he was still pulling hard, and started to pull ahead pretty steadily. Nothing I could do at that point. Didn't wanna push the G to redline quite this early, so I took the loss.

After I gave up, I flashed him down, pulled up along side him at the light, and asked him what he had done (it was obvious the car was a lot faster then stock). He said his WRX was modded. I wasn't able to make out most of the upgrades he mentioned except the basic intake & exhaust. He had the A-pillar guage pods too. It was pretty quick. I had already raced another silver WRX a few days ago, and pulled on it pretty good, without passing 4500RPM. I think the silver may have been an auto or the guy didn't know what he was doing.

Either way, the blue one was quite a bit faster, and I was delightly surprised. If you can't accept a loss, you shouldn't be racing in the 1st place. I was hoping to catch him on here and say congrats. And possibly get a rematch after mine is broken in, and I feel a little better about running each gear to redline.

Good race and good attitude! Its nice to see fellow car enthusiasts come around and say hi. G35's a sweet ride for sure. I'd tell you to ask over at NASIOC.com, but they frown on street racing over there.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

Hey, my friend just showed me this...better late than never. That was me you raced, too bad I didn't see this earlier.

It was a good race, although roll races are hard to get started at the same time. Only shifting at 5000, huh? You should've redlined it and it might've been closer for you. I'd be happy to rematch you anytime; I suspect it's broken in by now. At time time, I had an intake, boost controller, and turboback exhaust.

Nice ride man, I'd like to see the car again. I'll PM you also to make sure you see this.
    Mike
    03 WRX

Re: Blue WRX in JAX??? (WRX vs. "not broken in" G35C)

Originally posted by G35TR
    Is there an owner of a blue WRX in Jacksonville FL. here that had a short run with a red G35 Coupe tonight? If so, just wanted to say hey, nice run!!!
    The G35 Coupe is bad a$$ looking. You are a lucky guy! If I am not mistaken I believe you are like 7 horses less than a 350z in stock form.