Fun day at the track ::long::
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fun day at the track ::long:: within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I went up to Great Lakes Dragaway this weekend. There was supposed to be some event there but it rained ...

Fun day at the track ::long::

I went up to Great Lakes Dragaway this weekend. There was supposed to be some event there but it rained in the morning, so when I was there it was just me and a bunch of Mustangs and a few Camaros. There was also a CL55 AMG there, he only ran once but he ran 12.66 @ 115

My first run was against a Fox body with a super loud exhaust. I saw him pulling off the trailer, so I figured I was going to get whipped. I ran a 13.01 @ 105 to his 13.29@ 108. After that I ran a few stock looking mustangs, they were running from low 14's to high 15's. My best of the day was still 13.01. I happened to look down during one of my runs and noticed that in 3rd gear at 5000 rpms I was only running about 16 psi. So I popped the hood and cranked up the ABC a few turns.

My very next run was against a supercharged Fox body mustang who I had seen run low 13's. I bogged a little off the line and ran a 13.13 @ 107 against his 13.23 @ 109. Awesome race! I lined up against him again and this time I nailed my launch for a 1.8 60' time and ran a 12.85 @ 107.5 to his 13.2 @ 108. I ended up running 5 runs in the 12's, but the 12.85 was my best of the day.

Overall I was happy to break into the 12's and beat all the mustangs They were all cool, almost every one of them came over to talk to me about my car. In general the WRX was very well received, with quite a few people cheering at me from the stands after I broke 12's. The map I was running was tuned to the highway, so I'll be messing around with it to get full boost under "drag" load conditions and heading back.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Impressive runs!

Re: Fun day at the track ::long::

Originally posted by Mad Max 03
    [They were all cool, almost every one of them came over to talk to me about my car. In general the WRX was very well received, with quite a few people cheering at me from the stands after I broke 12's.
    how could you tell? O_O

There was a group of guys I had talked to earlier, they were all standing up in the stands facing the pit road. They were yelling and waving as I was driving back down the pit road to get my ticket My roommate who was sitting in the stands said quite a few people were making comments on my runs, most of them were along the lines of " Thats a fast little car!"
    2003 Black sedan
    12.5 @ 109

Re: Fun day at the track ::long::

I went up to Great Lakes Dragaway this weekend. There was supposed to be some event there but it rained in the morning, so when I was there it was just me and a bunch of Mustangs and a few Camaros. There was also a CL55 AMG there, he only ran once but he ran 12.66 @ 115

My first run was against a Fox body with a super loud exhaust. I saw him pulling off the trailer, so I figured I was going to get whipped. I ran a 13.01 @ 105 to his 13.29@ 108. After that I ran a few stock looking mustangs, they were running from low 14's to high 15's. My best of the day was still 13.01. I happened to look down during one of my runs and noticed that in 3rd gear at 5000 rpms I was only running about 16 psi. So I popped the hood and cranked up the ABC a few turns.

My very next run was against a supercharged Fox body mustang who I had seen run low 13's. I bogged a little off the line and ran a 13.13 @ 107 against his 13.23 @ 109. Awesome race! I lined up against him again and this time I nailed my launch for a 1.8 60' time and ran a 12.85 @ 107.5 to his 13.2 @ 108. I ended up running 5 runs in the 12's, but the 12.85 was my best of the day.

Overall I was happy to break into the 12's and beat all the mustangs They were all cool, almost every one of them came over to talk to me about my car. In general the WRX was very well received, with quite a few people cheering at me from the stands after I broke 12's. The map I was running was tuned to the highway, so I'll be messing around with it to get full boost under "drag" load conditions and heading back.

Take that abc off your car and run Turboxs high performance boost controller and you will run at least .2-.3 tenth faster. That is for sure. Those abc really hurt performance. When I switched to Turboxs HPBC my times were much faster.

Do you guys recommend running a TurboXS HPBC with the UTEC?

Do you get part throttle full boost situations with the hpbc? One reason I was happy to get the UTEC in was because I was running a bleeder valve before that, and it was major part throttle boost. Still, it'd be nice to pick up an easy .2
    2003 Black sedan
    12.5 @ 109

Mad Max 03,

Great numbers! Mind telling me where you dynoed your car? I know GRD in Naperville has a AWD dyno, wondering if you used someone else.

Cheers,
    Sameer
    99.5 A4 1.8T28
    P.E.S. T28 Turbo Kit, Racetec Z-Flo FMIC, 1/8 Test Pipe w/Milltek Exhaust, Vortrag Hypercoil Springs over Bilstein Sports (450lb/500lb), W.O.A. Stage II Clutch, Racetec 4-pt Strut Brace, A.W.E. A Pillar Boost Gauge, Bailey BPV, Valeo E-Codes w/ Phillips 5300K H.I.D., APR Snubbie, Strat cartridge SSK, S4 Vented Wheel Liner, Brembo Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Pads(F)/EBC Greens(R), Denso Iridium IK-22's, Hella Supertones, O.Z. 17" SL's w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Alpine CDA-7894, MB Quart QSD 213, Rockford Fosgate 501.1bd, Alpine SWR-1241D, P.P.I. A.400, 35% Llumar Charcoal tint, UUC RKII, RS-4 Grille.
    "Building boost, breakin hearts"

94 Miata C Package (a.k.a. Nougat)
    Flying Miata's FM2 intercooled GT28 turbo kit, Shiv fuel rail, AEM wideband O2, FM turbo exhaust, R.S. Aizawa Slash Intake Lid, KYB AGX's, HDHCDD 4-Point rollbar, FM NA clutch, FM F+R swaybars, Hella E-Code H4 Conversions, CRI Fogs, CRI Air Horns, Lewis Lumbars, Momo Monte Carlo, Rota Circuit 8's 15" with Toyo T1-S's, Pioneer Premier DEH-P440 with Infiniti Kappas 6 1/2 (doors), Infiniti Kappas 3 1/2 (headrests), some chrome bits, Voodoo.
    "It's not how fast you go, its how little you slow down...but 9.5hp/lb helps!"

Do you get part throttle full boost situations with the hpbc? One reason I was happy to get the UTEC in was because I was running a bleeder valve before that, and it was major part throttle boost. Still, it'd be nice to pick up an easy .2
    Mad max I'm running a txs hpmbc and I can't get ptfb unless I try for it. I got my hpmbc from rvmracing.com and they have good service. Only 99 bucks I think? Can't remember...

I had a guy over on NASIOC tune my car, he goes by RiftsWRX. He was a beta tester for TXS on the Utec, and he really knows his stuff. He has software called Road Dyno that plugs into your car, its pretty nice stuff. He said its within 5 HP + or - as long as you get all the variables accurate. I believe he's working out a deal with GRD to use their dyno for people who don't feel comfortable doing their tuning on the road (4th gear pulls to redline)
    2003 Black sedan
    12.5 @ 109

There was a group of guys I had talked to earlier, they were all standing up in the stands facing the pit road. They were yelling and waving as I was driving back down the pit road to get my ticket My roommate who was sitting in the stands said quite a few people were making comments on my runs, most of them were along the lines of " Thats a fast little car!"

Oh, I had to ask because i've only been to one 1/4 mile strip in Commerce, GA. . ..and you can't really see pit road easily from the grand stand. . .

Originally posted by Kanchou
    Oh, I had to ask because i've only been to one 1/4 mile strip in Commerce, GA. . ..and you can't really see pit road easily from the grand stand. . .
    kanchou what do you ruN? I am not far from commerce.

Great mph! Wow! Feels good, doesn't it?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

That is awesome man! I'll bet you really shocked a whole lot of people there... congrats on 12s... I soooo hope I can make it there in the next year or so... chewy domestics
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

hey mad amx this is nick i met you at the meet, on thursday. you got some good times man. you should roll down to the local races in gurnee. we tried to call you on friday. there was a couple low 13 second porsches talkng subie smack. lol well talk more at the next meet
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.