WRX vs parking cement block
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs parking cement block within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, so I start up my car and there is no one parked in front of me. So I proceed ...

WRX vs parking cement block

Ok, so I start up my car and there is no one parked in front of me. So I proceed forward and WOAH. I realize that I went over the parking bump thing.... LOL SHT...
    Some people notice and point at me while laughing. So I gun it, get my rear wheels over it, and run...
    I know I know, it's SAD and probably the stupidest things I've ever done. But as I think about it now... all I can see is Verdugo's Bling Machine with 4 people sagging his suspension while trying to get over it LOL
    Parking thing 1... WRX 0...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't feel bad - I did the same thing in a Camry once. Just put a look on your face that says "yeah, I meant to do that" and drive on
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I did the same thing in my previous car. Somtimes you just dont remember its there!
    04 SVT Lightning

I've done the some thing, but I ruptured a gas line doing it. Consider yourself lucky.

Edit: The gas line I ruptured was on the car, not in the ground. Thought I'd clarify...
    2000 Forester - 2003 Cadillac CTS - 1988 Toyota Celica AllTrac - 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T - 1968 Cadillac Eldorado

Thank Subaru for ground clearance.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Haha! I feel better knowing I'm not the only one

I too have done that, but i played it off as a joke and it all worked out.

How fast do you guys launch out of a parking space? At a typical starting speed a small curb barrier would be more than enough to make my foot pause on the accelerator...

-B

I Support ClubWRX
    Typically I rev to redline, slip the clutch at about 5k and hammer the throttle as my front lip bashes the parking block.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

did you feel the car's underside grind with the cement block? if so, you could have seriously damaged one of your differentials...

but yeah, i did the same thing......on a cement curb with my 94 trans am years ago. lol. damaged the catalytic converter, almost ripped off the rear bumber, and hurt my feelings
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

Originally posted by Integra96
    Typically I rev to redline, slip the clutch at about 5k and hammer the throttle as my front lip bashes the parking block.
    OUCH <tear falls into my beer>
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

One of these days I'll be in the car and pull over a curb thinking I'm in the truck and can make it. I love the ground clearance of the truck, I just hate the lack of power...wonder if an STi engine would work in a Nissan...

Originally posted by wrxlude
    OUCH <tear falls into my beer>
    He forgot to tell you that was in reverse.

I'm guilty too. In 1985 I rolled a '79 Corolla over the hump and got hung up. I had to get out and lift the rear of the car over it. Then I had to chase the car as it rolled down the incline of the lot. I don't think anyone was looking

Did it in my minivan!

There was a guy at my high school who had a ridiculously lifted F350. He'd drive diagonally across the parking lot and over ebutments to get to the road and wouldn't even feel it.

WRXs have nine inches of suspension travel. WarG0blin and I were rallying around in the dirt when we drove off the dirt lot, over a sidewalk and straight onto the road. Didn't even feel the two-inch drop to the sidewalk.

That was of course...until he lowered it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast