Stock Sedar vs, "stock" wagon...

This is a discussion on Stock Sedar vs, "stock" wagon... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was at the street races in my area and was approached by a yellow wagon who wanted to run. ...

Stock Sedar vs, "stock" wagon...

I was at the street races in my area and was approached by a yellow wagon who wanted to run. The guy told me on more than on occasion that he was 'stock auto.' I figured he prob had a stealthback or something since he went out of his was to tell me he was stock several times. I figured why not.

Anyway...we line up and race...I launched well and...WTF so did he...w/an auto car thats stock? We keep going and he pulling on me at an ok rate, he was a little less than 1 car ahead by 100 or so mph.

Finally we both stop and turn back when pulls aside to ask "are you SURE you are stock?" I said yes, then again "COMPLETLY stock?" again yes, then he says well I kinda not stock when out of his hoodscoop blasts a massive purge...ha.

All I have to say is that I think the money for his nitrous system would have been better spent on up-pipe, DP and a boost controller...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Isn't that cute? a baby and his bottle.. I could almost tear up... but seriously, why cant people just come right out and say what they've got.. street race or not, if there is no money on it.. why bother with a deception?
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Exactly, if he was like "i have a monster shot" id still have gone, I dont care. My friends stage4 car rips me a new ******* everyday, but I still dont stop running him cause its fun.

I cool part was that he expected to waste me and think it was a super secret as to why, but i wasnt even far back.

That is really pretty lame on his part... oooo.. nitrous.. the ultimate secret weapon on the street... please. I guess he'll be rejetting when he gets home, wondering why his magic bottle didn't make him Vin Diesel
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

HA.

What did he have.... a 15 shot of nitrous?
    04 SVT Lightning

So I'm assuming that all he had was nitrous? If so, that doesn't seem like he knows what he's doing.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Nitrous has its place, but not when you can go so much further with less money on a turbo'd engine.. but an autotragic wagon with a 50 shot vs. a stock sedan is going to be a very close race imo... they need the help to offset the weight as well as the slug of the auto tranny.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Banned
    there is only 80 pounds difference in weight..... the only thing that killed him was the auto....80 pounds (if both were manuals) is a difference of someone running further before shifting, missed gear, whether or not you ate dinner..... thats it.

don't worry about it.

The guy seems to be using his nitrous pretty early in races. That means, his engine is taking a serious beating from all the extra heat generated inside of his block.

It'll eventually just melt down sooner or later. lol

Wow, that is odd because I run a very rich jetting on my wet kit and the nitrous seems to come out at exactly -120 degrees farenheit. Maybe that will help the intake charge cool down. What do I know except that I have never heard knock with NOS. Also I don't have to run as high a boost for massive HP.
    Speed freak