WRX Vs. SRT4 Videos!!!! (track)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Vs. SRT4 Videos!!!! (track) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, these videos are from a couple of weeks back. This is a local guy with a SRT4. He's very ...

WRX Vs. SRT4 Videos!!!! (track)

Ok, these videos are from a couple of weeks back. This is a local guy with a SRT4. He's very nice and knows his stuff. I don't believe he's aware that these videos are being posted. The only modification he had was a Blitz sbc-id and powermeter. His car is Fast!!!

Here is the 1st video: ftp://shark@genxracing.com/Videos/WRX spanks SRT4.mpg

2nd Video (Launch!!!)
    ftp://shark@genxracing.com/Videos/WRX Vs SRT4.mpg
    Last edited by blackshadow; 05-09-2003 at 01:49 PM.
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks good man thanks for posting it.

Re: WRX Vs. SRT4 Videos!!!! (track)

Originally posted by blackshadow
    Ok, these videos are from a couple of weeks back. This is a local guy with a SRT4. He's very nice and knows his stuff. I don't believe he's aware that these videos are being posted. The only modification he had was a Blitz sbc-id and powermeter. His car is Fast!!!

Here is the 1st video: ftp://shark@genxracing.com/Videos/WRX spanks SRT4.mpg

2nd Video (Launch!!!)
    ftp://shark@genxracing.com/Videos/WRX Vs SRT4.mpg
    wow, that video shouldn't be 20mb, but congrats on the run!

I keep getting an error in Windows Media Player. I have the newest divX too. eve the player wont run it.!??!
    04 SVT Lightning

HaHAAA!!!

My legacy lives on.

Try downloading WMP 9. That should help.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

WMP 9 says I need an mpeg2 decoder to watch this vid. After a twenty minute download (on a cable modem!) I'm kinda pissed and wondering WTF an mpeg2 decoder is.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Nice Kills Shadow!! That dude in the SRT-4 needs to learn how to launch!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by koyokid
    HaHAAA!!!

My legacy lives on.
    Its still the funniest thing I have read!

chevyeater I'm kinda pissed and wondering WTF an mpeg2 decoder is.
    LOL!! Im using the up to date WMP 9 and get "windows media player has encountered an unknown error". what a bummer! It doesnt work on my other 2 computers either!! Anyone know whats up with this??
    04 SVT Lightning

MPEG2 = DVD Format

MPEG2 is played by software DVD players. Windows XP has the capability (when it works) to play MPEG2 files in Media Player if you have supported DVD software installed. These files play fine through WinDVD and PowerDVD, I'm sure others would work equally.

If someone has a place for me to dump them I will convert these to divx.
    -zach

Originally posted by drizze99
    Nice Kills Shadow!! That dude in the SRT-4 needs to learn how to launch!!
    Its hard to tell but I think the neon launched ok. Comparatively well from what Ive seen out of 2wd cars on street rubber.

A WRX with Exahust mods and a EBC/MBC launches very violently. 1st gear lasts about 1.3 seconds. Bypassing the stock BC gives the car much needed lowrange torque.

Yea, wouldn't play through WMP but got it to work with my DVD software. Anyway, talk about unmatched drivers!!!!!! That's why you always have to remember that a kill often comes down to the driver and not necessarily the car itself.

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    Its hard to tell but I think the neon launched ok. Comparatively well from what Ive seen out of 2wd cars on street rubber.

A WRX with Exahust mods and a EBC/MBC launches very violently. 1st gear lasts about 1.3 seconds. Bypassing the stock BC gives the car much needed lowrange torque.
    I know cause I've seen some really sweet launches from a modded WRX. The first launch wasn't that bad but the second was horrible!! The SRT-4, IMO had what it needed to compete and it didn't. Notice I said compete and not win. I'm not sure what those mods do to a WRX. Look at the power I'm pushin with just a boost controller. Shadow, what does your car put to the wheels? What were the times of the runs? With theses cars (SRT-4) you really need to know how to handle the power. A car with similar numbers as mine has laid down a 13.1@103 with drag radials.

Run what ya brung and a kill is a kill!!

I have no clue as to the times of either run. Cant see the board.
    WRX's with similar mods run low to mid 13's with those mods (depending on boost and driver) on street rubber.

But traping at 103 is an excellent trap speed no doubt.

I know what you are talking about when you say you really have to know how to handle the power. When I drive my buddy's LT1 camaro there is a fine line between sweet launch and tire smoke and his car is RWD and has an LSD!
    Last edited by Butterfingers; 05-10-2003 at 09:02 AM.

Yeap, that line is oh so fine. I've been practicing launchinf this car and I nowhere near consistant enough, IMO, to go to the track yet. I don't want to look like ass! If you your just a tiny bit off, you'll hop and wheel spin up third if you want to!! I used to launching a car hard and you just gotta take it easy with this one. I have a couple of mods I want to do so I can launch it harder. (that's more my style!! )

for those videos i was pushing probably around 200 to 210 (total guess) at the wheels. I'm not a very good driver. Please realize this is in FL 100% humidity. My best run that night was around 13.8. My launch is getting better and i'm starting to cut my 60' into 1.87. that night my best 60' was 1.9 I'm not making judgement of the driver or the car. I'm just showing all of you what MY experience has been. The local SRT4 guys are getting faster and faster. I have yet to be beat by one, but they're getting faster and closer. Also my reaction times are very very good (my strong point ), thus not only does AWD give me a jump, but probably also my quick reaction. The local guys are all generally fast and nice people. I respect the car.
    autobahn storming scooby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.