Sad video Integra Type R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sad video Integra Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Saw it from acura-legend.com forum. Not sure if AWD could save the driver but the point is think again about ...

Sad video Integra Type R

Saw it from acura-legend.com forum. Not sure if AWD could save the driver but the point is think again about street racing.
    Sorry if it's a bit off-topic.

http://www.users.qwest.net/~williams...nda/typer3.asf

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone undestand french..? it didnt look like they were street racing, but trying to get air off of a bump.

I Support ClubWRX
    Dummies!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

sadly, my friends an I used to do that very thing... I'm glad I grew up before that happened to us..

I think I saw that vid a while ago. Yeah looks like they were goin for air. I hope that guy was alright.
    04 SVT Lightning

i saw that a while back before and i remember it saids the guy died

sad

what a dumba$$...

I Support ClubWRX
    Ugh....
    2010 SSM STI

How did they get the tape from the guy in camera since they crashed and appeared to trash everything?
    2001 White SVT Cobra
    Mods:
    BBK Long Tube Headers
    K&N
    Bad tires

I Support ClubWRX
    2 different cameras I'd imagine. One on board and one road-side.

Maybe the camera still worked?
    2010 SSM STI

I think a 5 point seat belt is the only thing that would have saved his life... When you start to do speed over 100MPH you should start think safty..

When I go to the track.. they give you a hard time if you don't have a 4 or 5 point.. Sears point "hot laps" for just that reason.. if you roll 2 or 3 times a car you standard seat bets will not hold you in properly.. you will hit the door.. while a 5 point will keep you in your seat 100%

Too bad for the guy..
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track

I'm ashamed to say that I've ramped my car (yes, the WRX, but it was a total accident) at about 120mph with five people in the car, flew a good 50 feet, landed, and kept going. I used to have a video of it (from the car), but the camera's owner erased the tape before i could rip it. When I landed, the force made my ear hit my shoulder. think about that. I think that's about the exact second I realized what an F'ing idiot I was. I honestly wouldn't believe that you could come off of a jump like that at 120 and NOT lose it, but I watched the video 100 times that night realizing how lucky I was. Now i wonder if awd is the only thing that saved me. Looking back, I just can't believe I was sooo stupid (passengers! at 120 on a two lane!) I feel so bad when I look back on the times I've endangered other people's lives, it gets depressing. a lesson learned though

i know a kid that died that same way...its a shame what ppl do
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

anybody that tries to launch a nice car for a cheap thrill is an idiot in my book.

Just because they do it in movies, doesn't mean you should do it.

what a waste of a nice car.

Stupid Sh*t. I know a kid that rolled his ford explorer over railroad tracks doing that. Luckily he was ok.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.