stock wrx vs....

This is a discussion on stock wrx vs.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im new to this forum, only had my wrx for 2 months. i didnt wanna start a post for every ...

stock wrx vs....

im new to this forum, only had my wrx for 2 months. i didnt wanna start a post for every race ive had, so here are all of them in one. these were all done pretty responsibly in areas where high speeds are safe and legal. and just because i beat a certain car doesnt mean im sayin im faster or that they couldnt have beat me on a 2nd run....just reportin what happened.

early 90's honda w/ nos - 60mph roll - i was like cool, easy win...nope. i start pullin on him then his motor gets real loud and just zooms by. it was rediculous. later that night i saw him run upper 13's at the track so i guess from a start it wouldnt have been so embarassing.

3.2 type s acura (auto) - tore off a light to 60ish

mustang gt - i pulled half a car to 70 then had to let off, he had spun a lot in first and chirped 2nd...a few mins later from 60-80 - he got me by at least a carlength

new m3 from roll on highway - forget about it, my biggest margin of defeat yet. i knew itd happen but i had to try

porche boxster - we both bogged the launch but kept dead even up to the top of 2nd when he braked to turn

acura integra turbo - went from 70-115. we were even till about 90 then he was steady creeping ahead of me till 110. surprisingly i started inchin back up from 110-115 before he let off.

cl600 benz - rev'd at me at a light, i launched mildly and pulled 2 lenghts. he let off after that, i think he just wanted to witness an awd launch cuz im sure he coulda caught up.

acura rsx type s - not sure about his mods, but neck and neck from a 50mph roll. i got a slight jump on him otherwise he'da won by a few inches. id need the launch advantage to beat it.

02 civic si - i/e/hondata - race from 50 to 110 starting in 3rd. i pull 1.5-2 lengths off the bat but when i shift to 4th he picks up half the distance quick. race from a stop is an easy kill with a good launch

srt4 - got next to at a light. couldnt believe it was really happening but unfortunetely it was a bad spot and i had to make a turn right after the light. he still launched and peeled all the way thru 1st. i might've gotten him but ill never know.

70's oldsmobile i think - best race yet. not sure what kind of car exactly cuz it was debadged and i never saw the grille. he had loud dual exhaust and a rough uneven sounding idle. my friend said that might mean he had aftermarket cams. he also had real beefy rear tires and a-pillar gauges (which are unusual to see on older cars). we were at a red light together but i didnt wanna rev, i usually let the other driver rev or look over if they wanna run. he just sat there but chirped hard when he left the line. i slowly accelerated to 30 and got next to him. he floored it and i did too in 2nd, 3rd, then 4th. sickest race ever but i was alone and had no one to share it with. the lead went back and forth by a matter of inches until i got into the dreaded 4th gear and he finally got 3/4 car lead on me and let off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

!?!?!?! Why can't I get into races with cars of that caliber? I've had my WRX for a month (I too am totally stock), and my list is rather pathetic... 2 Tundras (one 2wd, one 4wd), 1 newer Prelude, 1 F-350 Turbo Diesel, 1 beater Fox body Mustang, 2 riced out Neons, 1 riced out Fucus, 1 mid 60s V8 Chevelle (SB 350), 2 riced Nissan pickups (one newer and one older), 1 V6 Mustang, 1 V6 Firebird, OH YEAH and I lined up against another Rex today, but a truck cut me off before we could get a run going... and thats about it for the races I've been in.. all were easy victories (minus the Fox body, I still won though)... nothing high caliber at all.. I really need to move
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

what are your mods ?

Originally posted by JDM 3SGTE
    what are your mods ?
    QUOTE]Originally posted by STIwish
    ... (I too am totally stock), ... [/QUOTE]
    '04 Java Black Premium 5 Spd

JDM 3SGTE: what are your mods? i am totally bone stock. actually im prob slightly slower than stock due to 150+ pounds in speakers, amps, and dynamat plus my heavy toolbox that i always carry. plus ive only been drivin stick for a short time, so im still fairly lousy at it.

STIwish !?!?!?! Why can't I get into races with cars of that caliber? i dont know. until i got my rex ive never in my life had someone try to race me before ( never had a fast car either though). half of those races i listed took place on the long road headed towards the 1/4 mile track. ive noticed that driving back roads like that increase your chances of running into a good challenge. i debadged my trunk thinking that people might not notice me as much. seems to have had a reverse effect. i guess the logic people have is that if hes done something to the exterior of the car, hes prob modified the motor too and is willing to race. ive only seen 3 other wrx's on the road ever. all of them gave me a thumbs up or peace sign when they saw me, which i think is pretty cool. we're all proud of what we're driving.

dude, don't you know that weight is the enemy!? lol.

ditch the toolbox and the speakers as well, if you wanna win some races. And practice shifting too, because the chip in the WRX will cut you off in a heartbeat if you hit redline, which will cause you to bog.

Don't worry though. You get better at racing the more you do it. Just don't do anything to endanger your life or someone elses - like passing in the slow lane or jumping small hills to catch air. lol.

Lol....had my car for 3 months now and still no racing action for it.
    Although this one gsr wants to run me but I'm not willing to risk my tranny for him.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Im finally seeing action in my neck of the woods, basically we are getting all the imports and anyone else willing to race to meet up about 5 miles outta town on a deserted stretch of road with a broad shoulder... and we go at it... my stock WRX is tops right now.. and with all the bragging my 'victims' are doing about my car.. the faster cars are starting to show.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I haven't had anyone try to race me and it's been a month. Although this old eclipse (early 90's model) that was all riced out floored it to catch up to me and was dangerously weaving in and out of traffic... that guy was a joke if i see him again ill have to laugh. I'm sure he's stock, he had 'chrome' wheel covers for god sake. yet he was lowered and had a tint job and plethora of decals. ugh.