I've had a busy night...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I've had a busy night... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced an EVO yesterday and lost, and ever since my car has been a little depressed. Tonite was definitely ...

I Support ClubWRX

I've had a busy night...

I raced an EVO yesterday and lost, and ever since my car has been a little depressed. Tonite was definitely Prozac for my car...

First, On my way to a friends house, I hop on the highway and get into the left lane. I was cruisin along at about 55-60mph (50 zone) when I pull up to an eclipse in front of me in the same lane. Without thinking I get into the middle lane and go to pass him (I just put it all the way down in 5th). Well, the eclipse obviously had some beef, because he started to speed up so that I wouldn't pass him. Oh hell no! I look over at the guy and he waves... you can see the car lurch a bit and the engine roaring... downshift... I downshift into third... As I pass by him quite quickly, a look over and smile and wave... 1 down....
    Then, on my way back I get back on that same highway going in the opposite direction. I stop at a red light and a mustang GT pulls up beside me. He looks over and revs... I rev back (making sure to rev high enough so he hears my new Forge BOV). Light turns green and I rip off a great launch and I'm gone. I hear him spinning the tires a bit and taking off, but as I row through 3rd, he's way back.... 2 down...
    Then about 2 minutes later, I driving (a bit fast, but it's already late and traffic is very very light). All of a sudden I see headlights hop on my bumper. I freaked out because the lights looked like police headlights, but then the car cuts to my left as we hit a red light... Grand Prix GTP... I'll spare you the details... I lit him up.... bad... 3 down...

So that was my night... lotsa fun and my car seems a little more cheery about itself!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: I've had a busy night...

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I raced an EVO yesterday and lost, and ever since my car has been a little depressed. Tonite was definitely Prozac for my car...

First, On my way to a friends house, I hop on the highway and get into the left lane. I was cruisin along at about 55-60mph (50 zone) when I pull up to an eclipse in front of me in the same lane. Without thinking I get into the middle lane and go to pass him (I just put it all the way down in 5th). Well, the eclipse obviously had some beef, because he started to speed up so that I wouldn't pass him. Oh hell no! I look over at the guy and he waves... you can see the car lurch a bit and the engine roaring... downshift... I downshift into third... As I pass by him quite quickly, a look over and smile and wave... 1 down....
    Then, on my way back I get back on that same highway going in the opposite direction. I stop at a red light and a mustang GT pulls up beside me. He looks over and revs... I rev back (making sure to rev high enough so he hears my new Forge BOV). Light turns green and I rip off a great launch and I'm gone. I hear him spinning the tires a bit and taking off, but as I row through 3rd, he's way back.... 2 down...
    Then about 2 minutes later, I driving (a bit fast, but it's already late and traffic is very very light). All of a sudden I see headlights hop on my bumper. I freaked out because the lights looked like police headlights, but then the car cuts to my left as we hit a red light... Grand Prix GTP... I'll spare you the details... I lit him up.... bad... 3 down...

So that was my night... lotsa fun and my car seems a little more cheery about itself!
    Thats awesome, good job
    '04 Java Black Premium 5 Spd

Good kills man. I need to go drive more I never get any races. It sucks I want to see what my car is made of

Re: Re: I've had a busy night...

Originally posted by E23K13L420
    Thats awesome, good job
    Did you really have to quote his whole story to say that?
    Did you think people reading your post wouldn't be able to figure out what you are talking about?

I Support ClubWRX
    HAHA... I was thinking the same thing!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Haha....chill out guys. He's still a relative newbie.

Anyways, sorry to dig up the past, but how much did you lose to the EVO by? Was it from a roll or a stop? I would think that with your setup you wouln't be that far behind...

I Support ClubWRX
    No worries swipe, we're just bustin his chops...

As for the EVO, check out the thread here. It was not too bad... I think I definitely gave him more than he was expecting...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.