SV world challenge

This is a discussion on SV world challenge within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Now that a 2.5 is in touring who thinks that Sti, EVO, and Srt belongs in GT. How would they ...

SV world challenge

Now that a 2.5 is in touring who thinks that Sti, EVO, and Srt belongs in GT.

How would they do?

The S4 is a great car with a good record in GT, against his main rival, the SC NSX (one of the worlds best handling cars!).

From my recollection i mildly moded S4 pulled my stock WRX from a roll ~55-70mdh 2 times out of 3 slightly.

What are your thoughts?

Have ya'll seen the new S4
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....article_id=449
    Last edited by Trypsin; 05-07-2003 at 08:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With enough money and the right team, any car could be competitive. Maybe an STI with the 2.5 liter as the base motor would even be a candidate for a front runner. However, the real front running cars are VERY far from stock, and have large development and testing budgets, so some serious race pieces would need to be put on the car, regardless of what kind of car it is. I don't know that much about whether the proper road race pieces already exist in Japan or Europe for an STI, so maybe some of the work is already done (and how much rally equipment would carry over?) Personally, I'd like to see someone with the right funds enter an STI in SGT. I ran one race in that series in 2000 with my Vette and finished mid pack. Most of the big teams had more money in their pit equipment than I had in my whole operation, including the car.

Mike

ok man, i need your help. When is the next time the SVWC is on TX? I cant find the times EVER on the speedtv site, but i love watching it all.

http://www.speedvisionwc.com/

From there you can link to the schedule, bios, forums, etc. Great site. The TV schedule is under the "2003 season" link.

Mike