HELP: tips on a good start off the line

This is a discussion on HELP: tips on a good start off the line within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am looking for some good tips for a good start off the line so i do not make an ...

Arrow HELP: tips on a good start off the line

I am looking for some good tips for a good start off the line so i do not make an ass out of myself...i am also looking for some other good driving tips...i know that there is a way to really sling shot arond the corners using the cluch but i am kinda worried about this and some other fast starts off the line and wearing down the clutch. when at about 3 grand should you really let off the clutch or let it off kinda fast but evenly to get a good start...sorry about sounding soo stupid but this is my first standard car and none of my friends drive standard or are really interested in this kinda stuff....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well like i said in previous notes, i'm no race car driver, but from what i been doin. to really get a handle on the starts... rev up to about 4.5-5k rpms.. keep it up around there, and then when you're droppin the clutch just floor it on the gas. ok the technique i use is to drop the clutch is to let it go fast, but not a straight DROP! don't worry, use your instincts, that's what i do. right when you hear your wheels chirp, you should already be off the clutch and zooming in 1st. redline every gear, no granny shifting or i get my gramma to come do that for ya. and i still don't know how to double clutch (still think it's a F&F thing) somebody else wanna take it away on drifting the wrx? i know the rally drivers drift using the handbrake (locking the rear tires is easier to slide then rotating) but on concrete, i don't have a clue.

--dr, plat, 99gt.. did i do ok? heheh, RaCinWRX

thanks that is a help

Nice! Yes of course you did ok hehe.

The double clutch in the F&F i have no IDEA what they are talking about during THAT PART of the movie..

For double clutching... we have discussed it a few times already.. It takes some getting use to, but is very beneficial in downshifting your car.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...uble+clutching

street racing questions

If you have any other Question please ask!

-John

WRX driving tips for the 1/4 mile

Please continue this discussion at the thread above.

-Jim