03 Cobra sold - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra sold within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't forget the whistle tip, that way you can be woo woooo and bling bling. Sucks you had to get ...

Don't forget the whistle tip, that way you can be woo woooo and bling bling.

Sucks you had to get rid of the Cobra, but good luck with the gas guzzler.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I thought this was a joke!

Thats horrible, my dad has an expedition, and i want it to die! I hate those things with all my heart.

I was just messing with you man. You introduced the Cobra to a lot of us and did a damn good sales job. There were a few times when I found myself day-dreaming about pushing that kind of hp.

Best of luck with the Expedition. Cheers!

Thanks! But I look at it this way:

1. *IF* my wife and I have another child, I will need this vehicle.

2. I had NO self control with 550 HP under the hood. None! Did not kill myself nor any others. And no tickets/accidents. Wew!

3. Insurance on the 03 Cobra?... $1200/year Insurance for the Expy?... $600/year Thats with 500K coverage.

4. Tires on Cobra = $1000/year Tires on Expy = about $500 every 2/3 years.

5. Cobra requires LOTS of maintenance and attention to detail. Could NOT care less if mud is on or in the Expy.

6. I actually prefer driving the bigger vehicles!

7. I can DRIVE IN THE SAND AGAIN! I like to drive out on the Outer Banks of NC. NIce to be able to park your Expy were you drirnk bere and kach fysh!

8. In an accident my whole family will more than likey be UN-TOUCHED! I pitty the fool that I hit! prolly run right over a WRX...

So you see.... I can deal...

Actually I'm *BARELY HANGIN ON*!
    Last edited by 03Cobra; 05-06-2003 at 12:25 PM.

oops

I've sold a sports car or two for a truck in my time. I suspect you'll be back. You sound just like I did... all telling yourself how practical and useful the truck is and whatnot. lol, deja vu for me.

A truck that size will only help in an accident under some scenarios. Unfortunately, SUVs are fairly easy to roll, especially at highway speeds, and thats where you can get yourself into serious trouble over driving around in a car with a lower center of gravity. Its safe to assume, nobody is safe on the roads with all the moron drivers though... anyhow, congrats on the truck, those are pretty nice. I'm not sure I could've sold the Cobra personally.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Sorry to hear, but best of luck with Expedition.

Sorry we never got a change to meet up and compare my Stage 4 WRX to your Cobra, I would have loved a ride in that beast........hmmmm......do you want to meet up and compare the Expedition to the Stg. 4?

Enjoy durnking bier and catching Blues in the outer banks, that is one fine way to spend a day.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

If you didn't know, it looks like this will be the last year for the Expedition, add some 24 bling blings, limo tint and air bag it, and you will have the ultimate in family rides Personally I think I'd have kept the Cobra and on top of it bought something used that could tow AND drive in the sand (good luck doing that well in an Expedition with so much weight... remember to air down aye?)... Jeep Liberty maybe? Lots of people trading em in due to lack of gas mileage.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by 03WRX
    03CObra,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you sell yours for? You seemed to have sold it just in time. One dealership in Dallas has them discounted down to 30,995 brand new. I see the same ones at the different Ford dealerships I drive by. I'm guessing with the economy and the anticipation of the new body style coming out they're not selling too well.

Ohhhhhhhh, the temptation!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12