Ford reveals production plans for the GT40 !!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ford reveals production plans for the GT40 !!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh no........ The ultimate sports car returns. Bye-bye Vette, Adios Viper, more over Mustang, Ford returns to the TRUE sports ...

GT40 !!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Oh no........

The ultimate sports car returns.

Bye-bye Vette, Adios Viper, more over Mustang, Ford returns to the TRUE sports car market.

I want one.

-Jim
    Last edited by PlatinumWRX; 02-19-2002 at 12:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here's a pic of the original type:

EDIT: here's a site that makes handmade copies of it - http://www.gt40cars.com/
    Last edited by WRXed; 02-19-2002 at 11:11 AM.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I Support ClubWRX
    MMMMMMM....glad to see that someone brought it up. When I first saw the yellow concept car Ford unveiled I was in love...any ideas what's the price range and will it stay true to the nature and be a strip down race-mobile

I wonder what kind of engine they are going to put in it. But it will be probably as expensive as a 911TT.

jk,

If Ford does what they plan, the new GT40 will have a supercharged 5.4L V8 boasting incredible HP and Torque numbers. Let's hope they follow thru on making the new GT40 as good as (or better then) the orginal.

I agree, I will be amazed if the GT40 is less than $90,000.

-Jim

it should be interesting when these cars begin returning to the race track. if there has been one american manu that has consistently given european road car designers a run for their money it has been ford. it will be nice to see something other than vipers, saleen and panoz at lemans again from the states.

From what I saw in a motorshow publication in MotorTrend the specs where predicted 500hp 500 ft-lbs torque for anybody's guess around 80-90K...

I guess I can't get that excited about a car that may debut in 2 years with only as much hp as an 03 viper for more money and will be made by ford of all people... ick!

I hate my ford.

My .02
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.