Nissan SER Spec-V?? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Nissan SER Spec-V?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how much does a spec v go for anyway? If it's in the low 20k range, that'll get you a ...

how much?

how much does a spec v go for anyway? If it's in the low 20k range, that'll get you a new WRX if you do your shopping right?

I got my 03' WRX for $22,600. No sense in getting something you really don't want when you the car you really want may cost just a little more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Synx
    About the tranny issues, i believe that Nissan has redone the tranny for the 2004 model IIRC, the orig 6speed gearing is kinda screwy, you'll be shifting out of first before you can get your foot all the way to the floor. Also Nissan really droped the ball with the 2.5 they put in it, i personally know one guy who was gone through 2 of them with bad bottom ends, and ive heard a lot of people misshifting and breaking the rocker arms to pieces. Anways your better off getting an older SR20 powered SE-R. Being a SR20 convert to the WRX myself i am really not proud that Nissan put the SE-R badage on the Spec-V. Although the SR20DE has much less power output in stock form compared to the 2.5 in the Spec-V, the SR20DE has much better potential, in that it was designed from the ground up to be a turbo engine. The SR20DET varrient only has few extras such as oil squrters, but is basicly a SR20DE with a turbo bolted up. If your looking for a fun to drive and fun to work on car i would highly suggest the early 90's SE-R's or even say a 1999 Sentra SE-L (thats what i had). There is plenty that you can do with 'stock' parts from the DET bolted up to that engine. In closing it has been shown that the SR20DE can handle around 400WHP on a stock bottom end, now that my friends is imprezive (hehe). Anyways the Spec-V is a nice car but i just dont think i would drop 20K on it. Good luck with what ever car you choose.

I agree, the SR20 is a very good engine. The aruguments that i've heard was to give the QR25(Spec V) more time. That might be true... but I won't be getting my hopes up too soon.

To answer the other question. I saw an ad for a Spec V for 16k, 0%APR, 0 payments til 04.

Price came down hard because of competition and the fact that not many people are raving about the QR25 now.

I guess if you really can't afford a WRX that is one thing but if you don't have to stretch too far I would still get a WRX. I went throught the same thing with a lot of cars and you end up kicking yourself in the butt for not getting what you really want. It usually ends up costing you more too since you usually will eventually trade in the car on the car you want and lose money
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    might have been. i drive along sheridan alot. my car has been in storage for awhile, but I took it out after the last snow fall. c-west body kit (minus the basket handle spoiler), but switched out to wings west body kit last week, jdm headlights, 18" bronze volk te37's, blitz fmic, tein flex edfc, 15%tint, etc...are the biggest exterior stuff. probably heard it as well (catless kakimoto 1.0z gt w/ custom fitted perrin dp and hks bov).
    so you dont have a big spoiler? i saw a blue wrx with a body kit today on peterson...thought it mightve been you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.