Scary site

This is a discussion on Scary site within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Evo runs a 12.5 consistently w/just a safc from apexi and no catback exhaust...Just a dump from the downpipe....Not sure ...

Scary site

Evo runs a 12.5 consistently w/just a safc from apexi and no catback exhaust...Just a dump from the downpipe....Not sure on his boost level but it made me worry....At least ten runs consistently in that range....Pretty awesome...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lets see some slips. Or a link or something. I'm impressed if so.

good thing the evo, wrx, and sti are drag cars

besides i read evo's aren't selling and may get discontinued in a few years
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Maybe when they get the car to 300 hp's they'll sell.

That's just amazing. The Diablo does the 1/4 mile in 12.5 as well. That's awesome!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Wow.

Now if the local dealers stopped chargint their ridiculous $10k "dealer markup" turning the Evo into a $40k car there'd be more of them on the road...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Would be interesting to see the slips... I might be interested in the Evo if the price and quality were more around the WRX.. althought I could never get used to the ugliness.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

He goes by incognito on evolutionm.net. He is completely legit. Videos to come. Yes his evo is fast, but YES he knows how to drive the damn thing down the 1/4.

To the quality issue. I made a post on evolutionm.net about my first impressions after a visit to the mitsu dealer, but didn't get any responses. I'll make a synopsis here:

First impression was awe. I really liked it in person. It sat extremely well (hard to quantify what I mean here I guess). The thing that surprised me the most was the interior. Everyone talks about how cheap it is compared to the imprezza, but they must own different Subys than I do. The radio wasn't as slick as the 6disc indash unit on my WRX, but other than that, the evo was at least on par. The seats were simply fabulous. Shifter/pedal/wheel location were perfect. Also, shutting the doors didn't make that metal clanking sound like scoobies do. Overall, I was thoroughly impressed. Haven't driven one, so that may be another ball game entirely.

About it not being a drag car:
    Why this even comes up about any car boggles my mind. If I want to use my $30,000 downhill mountain bike as a road tourer, what is it to anyone else? I put down the jack for it, I'll use it as I please. Like it or not, drag racing is popular. If you don't like it, that is your own free will. If I do, well, then it is mine...regardless the platform I choose to race.

VV

Originally posted by VetteVert
    About it not being a drag car:
    Why this even comes up about any car boggles my mind. If I want to use my $30,000 downhill mountain bike as a road tourer, what is it to anyone else? I put down the jack for it, I'll use it as I please. Like it or not, drag racing is popular. If you don't like it, that is your own free will. If I do, well, then it is mine...regardless the platform I choose to race.

VV
    Amen! Preach on, VV!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

vv i agree, the owner may do what they want with the car. i like drag racing. the wrx is out of it's element in a 1/4 it's made for the "twisties" or even a rally cross. that doesn't stop say joe civic from dragging their car.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I understand your point, but I'm not sure I would go that far. Stock, I would say the car is more in its element in drag race than it is in the "twisties." I base this on the fact that it will outrun many more cars through the 1/4 than it will through the "twisties." Just look at its skidpad, slalom, and lane change #s on the stock RE92s. Yeah Yeah, who runs stockers...I'm just making a point.

VV

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    vv i agree, the owner may do what they want with the car. i like drag racing. the wrx is out of it's element in a 1/4 it's made for the "twisties" or even a rally cross. that doesn't stop say joe civic from dragging their car.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    If I want to use my $30,000 downhill mountain bike
    30K for a mountain bike that's insane I hope it's made of gold! I thought I was paying alot for my $2000 Dirt Works.

I like the Evo seats they really feel great. I just wonder how comfortable they would be on a long trip?

Purely for illustration, my friend

VV

Originally posted by PKer
    30K for a mountain bike that's insane I hope it's made of gold! I thought I was paying alot for my $2000 Dirt Works.

I like the Evo seats they really feel great. I just wonder how comfortable they would be on a long trip?