What car companies SHOULD advertise...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What car companies SHOULD advertise... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought about posting in the other thread, but I felt a new one was appropriate... Honestly, and I don't ...

What car companies SHOULD advertise...

I thought about posting in the other thread, but I felt a new one was appropriate...

Honestly, and I don't mean to be offensive here, but I always kinda thought the WRX commercials were lame. If you really want to sell me on a WRX, don't show me some tool-box listening to Golden Earring making some lame ass comment "Huh huh, this is my favorite part, huh huh."

I wanna see a commercial where someone is just beating the shyte out of the thing, pushing it to it's limits. Say for instance some pizza delivery guy just hangs the ass-end out around this hairpin. Or some blue collar guy dumps a 5k launch from a stoplight so he can merge in front of a Civic before the construction barrels cut off his lane...etc Ya know? Get my blood flowing, impress me.

I always thought a Mustang Cobra commercial with big smokey burnouts, sideways-ness, aggressive camera work and redline exhaust notes would be pretty sweet as well.

Anyway, you get my drift. I realize that car companies can't exactly do this. You'd have every squid in the world thinking they were Mario Andretti and in result smashing up their brand new cars, filing lawsuits, killing themselves, others...idiots. In fact, we may have just found a new form of natural selection...sorry, that was harsh.
    -Kramit
    '03 EvoVIII (Apex Silver)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They should advertise the beauty of turbo AWD

I think that's just a little too similar to the Audi tagline.

How about: "And you thought a barrel of monkeys was fun..."

Or: "WRX. Sticks to the road like Winona Ryder's hand to expensive clothing."

-Kramit

Originally posted by Kramit

Or: "WRX. Sticks to the road like Winona Ryder's hand to expensive clothing."

Sticks to the road like flies on sh1t

Re: What car companies SHOULD advertise...

Originally posted by Kramit
    Or some blue collar guy dumps a 5k launch from a stoplight so he can merge in front of a Civic before the construction barrels cut off his lane...etc
    Why would this be impressive? Are Civics the benchmark that the WRX should be compared to in street racing?
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

Or they should have commercials in the rain or snow where they show every other car trying to hang on to dear life while the WRX just goes along on it's merry way.

Slogan: "Aren't you glad you're driving a Subaru?"

Re: Re: What car companies SHOULD advertise...

Originally posted by RSXSucks
    Why would this be impressive? Are Civics the benchmark that the WRX should be compared to in street racing?
    No, Civics are just like @$$holes, everybody has one. I picked it because it's a very well known car with very good sales figures, and everybody thinks it's sweet. BUT, I guess since you're being polly pissy pants about it we could use an OZ Lancer or Fukus.
    -Kramit

WRX
    picture this: the windows foggy, the rear end bouncing up and down. A hand reaches up from inside and the person braces themselves for something....

"WRX: you will DEFINATELY get laid!"

lolol!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

^^^^ LOL ^^^^

How about something like the crash test results, so when every Tom, ****, and Harry gets in one of these cars and feels invincible they go out and drive around like a tool. Then they can show a huge, nasty accident where everyone else is dead and bloody but the passanger compartment area of the Subaru is barely disformed......"built Subi tough...".....

<not having a great day>
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

Originally posted by MOG_22
    Or they should have commercials in the rain or snow where they show every other car trying to hang on to dear life while the WRX just goes along on it's merry way.

Slogan: "Aren't you glad you're driving a Subaru?"
    That wouldn't be bad at all, and it would definitely be true. When I go out in the rain or ice, I don't think there's another car I'd rather take on the road than my WRX. I just plain feel safe in that car - and I'm having a blast at the same time.

I actually really like their new commercial, too - the one with Lance Armstrong. I think it's much better than the old one.
    Russell Newquist
    http://www.russellnewquist.net/

Kartboy Shifter Bushings (front)
    Samco Intercooler Hoses
    Samco Radiator Hoses
    Samco Ancillary Hoses
    Perrin Lighweight Crankshaft Pulley
    Dynamatted Doors & Trunk
    Hawk HPS Brake Pads
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires

Originally posted by WRX
    picture this: the windows foggy, the rear end bouncing up and down. A hand reaches up from inside and the person braces themselves for something....
    WRX: Driven by what's inside
    It's not a damn beanbag!

Originally posted by Jedi Rex
    That wouldn't be bad at all, and it would definitely be true. When I go out in the rain or ice, I don't think there's another car I'd rather take on the road than my WRX. I just plain feel safe in that car - and I'm having a blast at the same time.
    I dunno, I feel more safe in my little underpowered Nissan pickup. Sure, it doesnt have a center differential but it also doesnt have the power to get out of it's own way...plus if some idiot is tailgating (like they all do) and I have to stop, all I end up with is a dented bumper while his whole front end is gone. Flip side is in the subie I'd probably just get the hell outta the way.

I can't think of a car I'd feel more safe in though.

i saw this add on the net in a silvia forum it is for the japanese type r, it is a drag race between a type r and a s14 and the s14 got its as$ kicked. while the guy in the R passed the s14 he was cracking up. then it showed the closeup of the R and some prices.

we need ads of the sti beating up the evos.

my sister is working on adds for the rx8 and mazda brought one to there work for them to kick around for a little bit. :-)

luke

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.