DB7 Vantage encounter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on DB7 Vantage encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I second that....you lose control for even a milisecond and you're dead. No question. I'm sorry but that's truly idiocy....

I Support ClubWRX
    I second that....you lose control for even a milisecond and you're dead. No question. I'm sorry but that's truly idiocy.
    2010 SSM STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    In my heady days of V8 ownership ('99 WS6), I got it nearly up to 160 (my 155 MPH speedometer was maxed out) on an eight-lane freeway at 4:00 AM. Honestly, I do not see the big thrill in going that fast besides being able just to say that you have done it. 160 feels basically the same as 120, which feels the same as 80. Once you pass a certain point, it just doesn't feel that fast anymore. But, I do not think that 160 is unthinkable on a public thoroughfare. Just do it at a time when you can only kill yourself.

I guess I'm just a little biased on my opinion because not 2 months ago a friend of mine was killed when his gf was doing 120 in her BMW. She couldn't control the car, hit a slight, i mean slight turn, understeered, then oversteered right across the central median. Her bf who was the passenger died, as well as an old lady who they hit who was just on her way home from work.
    Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Intake Silencer Mod, Debadged Trunk, 18" P1's Silver, Nitto Tires, Painted Sideskirts, Kartboy Short Throw Shifter, Carbon Fiber Side Markers, Painted Headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Helix Flex Uppipe, Stromung Shorty Downpipe, Custom 3rd Cat Delete Pipe, Bosal 3" Twin Tip Catback

my friend did 150 in a 98 m roadster, said it was pretty scary. He did it on a bridge at like 4 in the morning. (bridge is like 5 miles long)

Damn, you guys get moving! I only race to the end of 4th gear if I have an nice traffic free straight road. Thats about 125mph, thats as fast as I'll ever want to go on an public road.. trying to brake at those speeds is a joke with the stock brakes.

My dorm-mate did 160 in his E46 M3. Asked me why the speed gov didn't kick in at 155.

Going very fast in a BMW is way too easy. There's very little (and I mean VERY LITTLE) road or wind noise to tell you how fast you're going. We did 90 in my friend's 325i and the only difference between that and 75 was where the speedometer was pointing. I've gone 110 in an M3 and it feels like a WRX doing 40 in the parking lot.

go at even moderately high speeds with the targa off on a supra. eww.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.