SRT4 Encounter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT4 Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Aaron from the SRT4 forum was nice enough to respond to my post. We met today and did 2 rolling ...

SRT4 Encounter

Aaron from the SRT4 forum was nice enough to respond to my post. We met today and did 2 rolling starts from 20mph to both 60mph and 90mph. In first gear the WRX would pull 1/2 a car on the SRT4 however the SRT4 would pull on the WRX the same 1/2 car halfway through 2nd gear. In 3rd gear we would be right next to each other give or take a few inches. Thus the conclusion is that the WRX and SRT4 is basically right next to each other from a roll to even 90mph. I have an uppipe, downpipe, catback, and MBC @ 16psi while Aaron had a MBC @ 14psi ( spiked to 17psi inconsistently ). I am very impressed by the SRT4 and now there's a car at $20K + $10+/- MBC that can keep up w/ a WRX on a roll.
    I did not need to test a launch since whatever the WRX gets on the launch would be basically the lead that it would get for the race to even 90mph. I know people are going to do debates on WRX handling however it's up to the consumer on if he/she wants AWD + name + realiabily + versatility for $5K more. I had a good time as always and this should settle the SRT4 vs. WRX debate; a stock WRX vs SRT4 will get killed so if you plan on racing to show off the testosterones then launch the car and do your thing. Aaron I appreciate you coming out and as stated before I felt more challenged by the SRT4 than againsts the M3, S2000, Supra, 300ZX, Cobra, etc cars that I have raced aganist. I guess it's also the first car which is cheaper than mine but I still enjoy my WRX. Thanks.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice write-up, thanks for posting it. Always nice to see intelligent conversations about cars instead of some of the posts we see around about this debate...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

cool wish i was there....sounds like fun
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Thumbs up

He should have turned up the boost. Stock boost on the SRT-4 is 14psi. Good runs and thanks for sharing.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Stock Boost

It was good to meet you, man. Glad I finally got to ride in a WRX. Sweet car!

And stock boost on the SRT is 12. We seem to have a very smart ECU with a death grip on our power, so we're still in the learning stages.

Re: Stock Boost

Originally posted by Pit Viper
    It was good to meet you, man. Glad I finally got to ride in a WRX. Sweet car!

And stock boost on the SRT is 12. We seem to have a very smart ECU with a death grip on our power, so we're still in the learning stages.
    I've been reading SRTforums for a while and thats what some folks said, stock boost ranges from 12-14psi.

Nice runs guys!! Nice write-up as well. Like someone already said, intelligent conversations about cars are great!!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I'D AGREE. GOOD JOB GUYS, HOPE TO HEAR ALOT FROM YOU GUYS SOON ABOUT THIS SRT AND WRX MODS AND EXCEPTIONS THAT YOU SEE FROM EACH OTHERS...WISH I WAS THERE TOO!!!!

Originally posted by SINONOY
    I'D AGREE. GOOD JOB GUYS, HOPE TO HEAR ALOT FROM YOU GUYS SOON ABOUT THIS SRT AND WRX MODS AND EXCEPTIONS THAT YOU SEE FROM EACH OTHERS...WISH I WAS THERE TOO!!!!
    SINONOY welcome.

Not to be mean or anything, but I noticed in 2 of your posts that it is in caps. You might want to go with small caps. People will start ignoring your posts if it is always in caps.

good run and review. did you get a vid by any chance?

Nice to see that WRX owners and SRT owners can get along. I really don't want it to become some kind of stupid "Mustang vs. Camaro", "Domestic vs. Import" rivalry.....although I feel it's already started to be that way to some people.

Also, I'm actually not suprised by the results. The SRT has a much less restrictive exhaust system (no muffler, forged turbo, etc) so I always thought that a WRX with Up-pipe, down-pipe and/or catbackshould be able to hang on a roll.

I'm looking forward to when the SRT beomes available in my area so I can run with some of them on the road... I just hope that people aren't d*cks trying to say that one is better than the other. No need for cut throat competition. After I race one, I'd much rather just cruise with it than have someone say, "Mine is better than yours... you cheated... you suck... blah blah blah..."

Yo

I agree ... we should all just have fun ... there shouldn't be the attitude problem as I have found w/ some particular car owners ... I've met some and obviously I try not to associated myself w/ them. I think there's a good number of people who enjoy their own car and each person should. I'm sure people have biases toward their car but each owner made a choice. It's funny that WRX owners use to use the excuse that we have cheaper car however when an SRT4 comes in the line we can't use the excuse anymore. I do agree on the reliability issue ... we'll see how well they hold up on a few years of boosting. I still love AWD ... especially since people drove so slow today in the rain.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

But.. its still just a neon!!!!

You know it has to be in any post that has to do with an SRT-4 .. its a rule
    -Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast