WRX vs RX-7 from a stop - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs RX-7 from a stop within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; man.. i miss my FC.. the rotary loves high revs.. mine had 140k miles on my rx7 and started to ...

rotarys sound amazing

man.. i miss my FC.. the rotary loves high revs.. mine had 140k miles on my rx7 and started to give me trouble, w/ the ACT clutch, greddy exhaust, intake, o man.. the car was a beast.. i wanted to get the 3rd gen FD cause it was sooooooo nice looking and amazingly fast.. but... "newer car saves soo much engine trouble".. its true.. if you dont keep up with the maintenance w/ ANY car, its gonna give you trouble.. but my FC being already almost 15years old, it gave me some annoyance.. WRX was such a good deal for the money.. im glad i had the chance to drive a true sports car before the wrx. but.. man.. AWD ROCKS... im never going back. =) man when i make it big in the future.. im definately getting a 3rd gen rx7 just as a nice project-enthusiast car.... and.. uhh that new Mercedes Benz 2004 CL65 AMG w/ 698hp and 703TORQUE~ sigh.. (o yea and a STi) =)
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think I would mess with a 3rd gen with a WRX. Offroad maybe! Hey Shard, im on rx7club.com too. See you there sometime.

I dont know much about the RX-7's, but from what ive seen from my neighbor hes got a 04 R1 and a 93 RX-7 R1. I dont know anything about RX-7's besides them being rotary.... so is there even an R1 model? Its TT by the way.
    Future Wrx Owner
    89 Bronco II (R.I.P.)
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Re: WRX vs RX-7 from a stop

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    I pull up next to him at the next light, its an asian guy but this is Irvine so no suprise.

the only people that "race" in Irvine are the people with civics

I dont know much about the RX-7's, but from what ive seen from my neighbor hes got a 04 R1 and a 93 RX-7 R1. I dont know anything about RX-7's besides them being rotary.... so is there even an R1 model? Its TT by the way.

first: u mean 94 R1, and 93 R1. 2nd, yes there are R1 models. I believe they were limited models. i forgot what the specs were.. i think they were supposed to be the touring model. i miss my rx7.
    "All the auto WRXs I've driven (alot, I work at a dealership) give me enough time to make a peanut butter and jelly sammich before they hit boost." - Rancid

SQC 120

The R1 I am pretty sure is the touring.

The R1 (R2 for '94 and '95) was a 'racing' model, which had all of the options of the base and touring (or PEG for '94 and '95) models, with the following additions:

Black suede seating surfaces
    Dual oil coolers instead of one
    Front strut tower bar
    Stiffer suspension
    Front under-lip spoiler

Also, the car overall was a bit lighter than it's other trim levels.

I seriously want to get one of these, and lost out on a chance about 4 months ago when I found a local '94 RX7 R2 in silver (the rarest R model color) for a great price and didn't react in time to pick up the vehicle. So, once again I am on the prowl for a nice FD to purchase...

3RD gens = you lose 1st and 2nd gens= I LOST BY TWNETY FIvE CARS
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Go on the Rx7club.com and look under the classifieds if you are wanting to buy an RX-7. There is an awesome one with new tranny, engine, and the silver color you were looking at.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...hreadid=247264

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123