wrx 1 and evo 0

This is a discussion on wrx 1 and evo 0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got my first shot at a brand new 3000 mile evo last night. I live on the fantastic berlin turnpike ...

wrx 1 and evo 0

Got my first shot at a brand new 3000 mile evo last night. I live on the fantastic berlin turnpike which is in ct and for those who dont know it is the premier spot for car cruising on the east coast. So I see the blue evo and I pull up next to it. We kind of wishy wash in second and third going slow goating each other when we catch a light. I roll down my tints and ask him if he wants to try it. Why waste a launch if I dont have to. I never launch my car it is soo bad for it. He agrees so I start to rev to 3k and spool my turbo and now Im in the zone. Green comes and Im off and running. I do not pay attention to him until the middle of third but I noticed he is way behind?...I do know that off the line I took him by a half of car at least. Maybe he is a really bad driver?....He catches up and claims that he missed second gear?...ok it happens, so I tell him to put it in second and keep it a 30 and well go at the same time from 30. He is cool w/that and now its more about the cars ability and not the drivers. Well to make a long story short by the time fourth gear was in he was two cars behind me. I could see his whole car in my rear view so how ever many car lenghts that is. We pulled over and needless to say we told each other how much we liked each others cars. Moral of the story is....Evo owners who read this do not under estimate a wrx, and for wrx owners do not under estimate your own car. Oh and ps....neon owners watch out........giddy giddy...

Mods: Turbo Xs stage 2 w/a txs up pipe. Boost set at 15.5 psi. Blitz axel back. TEIN flex coil overs w/bbs 17" rgr forged rims. Defi link gauges...egt,boost, and fuel pressure.....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, aren't you lucky. I can't wait for my chance to race an EVO.

A stage 2 WRX beats an EVO from a roll. You have to love that.

It was not even as close as I thought it would be.....He was very suprised but I wasnt..I belive in the wrx...Now all I want on my wish list is a srt and a z.....After that comes the bigger turbo....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

any feedback on other evo kills...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Hey 13secwrx, where in CT is the Berlin Turnpike? I'm right next to south western CT.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

stage2

that's cool because you are running the same setup I will have on my car next week.......was wondering how I would do against an evo and I think you've already shown the possible result :-)
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

The berlin tpke is next to hartford....It is the hottest cruise scene on fridays and saturdays.....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Good kill, finaly some one has shut up the evo drivers I am so sick of hearing about how fast the evo is. Keep up the good work

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    The berlin tpke is next to hartford....It is the hottest cruise scene on fridays and saturdays.....
    I see. Maybe I'll head up there this weekend. I'm basically in Stamford, so thats not too far.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

I too live in CT, and went the the BT tonight. I raced a blue evo, had two guys in it. We raced three times, I had two others in my car, and my mods are TB, unichip, intake, BC. We raced each time from second, he seemed to pull a little harder right at the shift but twice we were about even, once I was puilling away from teh biggining. Now I had an extra person, and oh yeah, I blew my clutch so it is just slipping all the time. So basically I am not teh best to judge by at this point. I wonder if it was the same guy, he missed second on one of the races, said he misses it a lot. And his car was stock. They are pretty fast, but not unbeatable at all. This setup would take him I am pretty sure, but I want another shot one on one with a new clutch.

Originally posted by JimmyNY
    I see. Maybe I'll head up there this weekend. I'm basically in Stamford, so thats not too far.

The Berlin Trnpk is the Meritt Prkway in Northern CT. Same road, different name.

Ohh, awesome, I travel the Merritt (well, the Hutch) to school everyday. How far up on the Merritt is it?
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats

It probably was the same guy in the blue evo..He missed second w/me too...I had no one in the car and he had one friend..but it was not even that close when we raced..nice kill though
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)