That thing got a hemi in it?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on That thing got a hemi in it? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok i really want a Ram 1500 with a Hemi in it, shortbed, 2wd, too bad it's 5speed auto! i ...

That thing got a hemi in it?

ok i really want a Ram 1500 with a Hemi in it, shortbed, 2wd, too bad it's 5speed auto!

i went to dodge.com and msrp is around 22600 for it so what would invoice be?? hmm i love the lightning the hemi truck could be built badarse!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That would be pretty bad ass actually, Dodge trucks have always been the best (why do you think its always a Chevy vs. Ford pissing contest... because against they Dodge's, there is NO contest)... I wish Dodge would follow the Lightnings lead from the factory... mmmmm.... blown Hemi... *drools*
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by STIwish
    That would be pretty bad ass actually, Dodge trucks have always been the best (why do you think its always a Chevy vs. Ford pissing contest... because against they Dodge's, there is NO contest)... I wish Dodge would follow the Lightnings lead from the factory... mmmmm.... blown Hemi... *drools*
    Actually, they are. Haven't you seen their 500hp V-10 Viper powered truck they are coming out with?

Hehehe.....
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

on srtforums it listed at like 12.9 which i believe more then the 13.8 i see haha. street tires too man!!

but i'd rather build a hemi!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I was under the impression that the Viper engine based truck was a concept vehicle.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by STIwish
    I was under the impression that the Viper engine based truck was a concept vehicle.
    WAS a concept now it's being produced!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    WAS a concept now it's being produced!
    That's right!

V-10 engine, 90 degree V-type 8.3 liter (505 cubic inch)
    Horsepower: 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5,600 rpm
    Torque: 525 lb.-ft. (678 Nom)@ 4,200 rpm

Manual, six-speed transmission with Hurst shifter mechanism and linkage

Wheelbase: 120.5
    Box Length: 6'3"
    Track, Front: 68.5
    Track, Rear: 67.9
    Overall Length: 203.1
    Overall Width: 79.9
    Overall Height: 74.4
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 26 gal
    Curb Weight (estimated): 5,000 lbs.

Tires: Pirelli Scorpion Zero 305/40 YR 22
    Wheels: Forged aluminium "Viper-style" 22 x 10 inch

Performance (estimated)0-60 mph 5.2 sec.; 0-80 mph 8.4 sec.
    Standing quarter mile 13.8 sec. @106 mph
    Top Speed 150 mph

"There is a slightly understated air about the SRT-10, especially considering its performance potential," said Rick Aneiros, Vice President, Truck Design. "But as powerful as the overall theme of the Ram SRT-10 is, we were determined not to make this another boy racer truck. We added functional aero tweaks to deliver a truck that can handle 150 mph-plus speeds."
    Last edited by AjIsDope; 05-03-2003 at 05:53 PM.

HELL YES! *goes to sell his WRX* yeah right, don't think so... awesome truck, but ill keep the WRX for now
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

unfortunatly it will outcose the Lightningt by prob 10K i'm thinking so the lightning is a better value since the new ones are like 500hp also.....

can we expect this kind've battle in evo vs sti battle in years to come. can't forget about chevy ss...it doens't hold a candle to the other 2 tho
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I think dodge fully plans on pricing the SRT-10 ram inline with the lightning. But next year, with the increase in performance/technology the lightning has, i'd expect it's price to go up also. Either way, it looks like one awesome truck.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

For a new pickup with performance in mind I would have to go with the upcoming Silverado SS. Hasn't the WRX taught you guys anything about the beauty of AWD? Just add a supercharger and the Silverado will easily hose the Ford and Dodge.

I'm gonna stick with my 88 S-10 4x4 though. Got a 383 stroker motor in the works. Currently in search of a "haulin' ass" plate frame LOL.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

the SS also has 4 wheel steering. i'm not fan of AWD on trucks. a car is 1 thing. on a truck man big motor rwd LSD good gears! boom, i miss lighting up the tires
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Actually the SS doesn't have 4 wheel steering. Because of the weight I think.

Re: That thing got a hemi in it?

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    ok i really want a Ram 1500 with a Hemi in it, shortbed, 2wd, too bad it's 5speed auto!

i went to dodge.com and msrp is around 22600 for it so what would invoice be?? hmm i love the lightning the hemi truck could be built badarse!
    ...heh get SRT Ram...Hemi ram hauls ass but nothing like the SRT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.