eclipse..non-turbo long....

This is a discussion on eclipse..non-turbo long.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well this happened thursday morning on the way to work, i have to be there before 6AM so little to ...

Cool eclipse..non-turbo long....

well this happened thursday morning on the way to work, i have to be there before 6AM so little to no traffic.. 1st off i leave the house and get to the stop sign, i see some lights coming up behind me sorta fast.. worries me i might get rear ended, but he stops but a little closer than i like.. so i take off he follows... i can tell by the headlights its an eclipse, not sure if it is the turbo model or not...well we make our way to the stop light and he starts to rev a little, i rev back and take off.. he tries but i hear his front tires looking for traction... now by 2nd gear hes like 5 or so car lengths back so i start to slow down for the next light... well in behind me he goes and starts to rev, so now being a nice guy and knowing i can take him off the start i go slowly.. again he over does it and is spinning his tires, this time i go to the out side lane and let him on the inside.. i wait for him to catch up, i leave the car in third and right when he gets next to me i drop the throttle leaving him.. now what makes this really funny is that same night i am putting my wife's SUV in the garage and what do i see.. an eclipse driving down my street, next thing i get this .. hey do you work at the naval base? me ya.. was that you i tried to keep up with this morning? me laughing was that you!!!!! needless to say we talked about it.. he asked questions about the car, i told him a couple things about it...seems he just moved in a couple streets down the road... nice guy, wish more races were like that.. just plain fun, no fingers or words just a damn good race....this i had to share
    it's stock really....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unhappy long post.....eclipse

well needless to say my now friend learned when and where to open it up.. this same eclipse is now totaled... a caddy pulled out in front of him...car is gone.. then to add insult he went and got a used GSX 98 model.. modded to hell, s-afc, injectors, g20 turbo upgrade, FMIC and more.. a month after having this car he found out an AWD car is not the same as a 2wd.. he is now in the hospital, and another car totaled.. seems to be in good shape for the most part, broken leg and is going to be in traction for awhile.. just had to post about this, and he was'nt racing a car had stopped in the middle of the road, some cars lost control trying to get out of the way when he tried he found out the AWD goes where you point it and when into on coming traffic head on with a 1/2 ton truck...
    it's stock really....

Doh!
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Darwinism at it's finest.

Damn.. boy needs to buy himself a pinto and learn how to drive before he buys another DSM.. christ.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Cool driving

yea.. i told him to find a place to see how the car handles before he gets into trouble... i just think it was more power than the driver could handle all so..
    it's stock really....