Civic SI vs. 67 Camaro SS (undercover cop) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Civic SI vs. 67 Camaro SS (undercover cop) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by STIwish Everyone should fight their tickets, odds are the cop wont show up at your arraignment and ...

Originally posted by STIwish
    Everyone should fight their tickets, odds are the cop wont show up at your arraignment and it will almost always be dismissed or at least reduced. Is how I keep a spotless record especially when I am pulled over for seemingly ridiculous things.
    Maybe where you are they don't show up but in Maine they schedule the hearings for the cop once every week or two and he has time to show up. Dont show up and you're not doing your job, do it often enough and you get fired. I know they show up b/c I've fought every ticket I've ever gotten...the rest I know b/c one of my good friends is a cop now.

I took my friend for a ride. He said he didn't think his cruiser would stand a chance...but his radio would.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is always your word vs theirs when they do show up, if you have even somewhat of a case you can often at least get it reduced, but there is no reason not to give it a shot... guilty with explaination is often the best route with a cop there... innocent is the best without him there *turn on the BS*
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

i do not believe that is entrapment if the civic revved at him.. he solicited the race to the cop. entrapment is when the cop solicits the commiting of the crime... which doesnt seem to have happened in this case... i could be wrong, but i dont think that was entrapment at all
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    i do not believe that is entrapment if the civic revved at him.. he solicited the race to the cop. entrapment is when the cop solicits the commiting of the crime... which doesnt seem to have happened in this case... i could be wrong, but i dont think that was entrapment at all
    Yeah, I think you are right.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

this is correct which is why I am NEVER the first to rev.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

Sounds like you were in Sac. Which IN 'n Out, Sunrise or Truxel?

Ooo, I need to read that more carefully next time.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

This is entrapment in Texas, and could result in the suspension or expulsion of the officer from the force.

bat
    Originally posted by sonicsuby
    Sounds like you were in Sac. Which IN 'n Out, Sunrise or Truxel?
    sunrise

Your right its not entrapment. The cop did not force the civic to race. The civic revved first and the cop was happy to oblige(sp?) It was the civic who wanted a race and was not forced into the matter so there fore the cop did not force him to do something illegal so it cant be entrapment. If my understanding of the law is correct.

Edit: Although Catherine Zeta Jones did look good in that movie
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Also note that some cops *want/like* to go to court, as a lot of court time is done on their off-duty hours which means they get paid OVERTIME to go. So they get a bigger paycheck the more times they have to go to court.

-jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12