What pays the bills?
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on What pays the bills? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey I gotta question. What does everybody here do to afford their rides? If you own a new WRX like ...

What pays the bills?

Hey I gotta question.

What does everybody here do to afford their rides?

If you own a new WRX like me, you probably paid over 20 grand for it. That's no small chunk of change.

I used to be a reporter and absolutely starved for a living. I knew I would never be able to afford a WRX after seeing one for the first time so I put the car out of my mind, but have since gotten a new profession.

I'm now in the multimedia/post-production industry and can actually afford my car ? as well as the premium gas to go in it (yipeeee!).

What about you guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am a web developer/webmaster for a claims automation company in Texas. You have workmans comp...I wrote the claims software for it. You wrecked your car...I wrote the software your adjuster uses off-site to report your claim.

I quit! Didn't believe in the red tape they were throwing into the mix! You need a good software developer...let me know!

Anyway...I write software for a living. You can see my 3 month project at csedge when I re-wrote our company web page. That is not all I do. We are a JAVA shop and my real work is only available to clients...I wish I could show everyone!

I bought my Silver WRX back in May of 2001. LOVE IT! I use 91 Octane gas all the time. People ask me why I spend that much on gas all the time and I tell them I went to school so I didn't have to worry about that stuff all the time.

Do what you truely love and you can do what you truely love! I know you were not looking for this type of response...but I needed to get a little off my chest!

I just have the skillz to pay the billz.
    j/k

IT for MIT's biological engineering division.

-tp

website

hey apod,

pretty cool site. I know what you mean about the red tape.

that's why i'm in the multimedia business. Nothing better than sitting in front of a computer all day with wrinkly-clothing and a baseball cap on, while the suits work in another office. LOL!

Here's our company website:

www.sunlogix.com

jeez

hey teep,

you workin' at MIT? Jeezus. You ought to be able to afford at least a couple of BMWs.

To tell you the truth, I probably should not have bought this car, but, I am I think, a car addict. Although I am not starving, I should probably have left the car payments for my retirement. I have been buying cars every 1.5 to 2 years . Not a very good idea, but after this car, I have satisfied the urge for myself. I usually start thinking of a replacement after 6 months, but I still cannot think of another car I would ever replace it with that I would enjoy. I think the car cured me!

So I guess for me, retirement fund for 5 years is off.

Yeah...I loved it a few years ago when I could roll into work in t T-Shirt and Titties!

Hat and all!

Glad I am not the only one frustrated with the curret situation with economic values and corporate regulation.

Your site ROCKS!!!! I have done a lot FLASh work, but again, it's only available with site authentication. I might be able to get a system setup for temp users in a couple days...but thats a little risky.

I gave my brother a temp password and I got reprimanded for it! My own familia!
    Last edited by apodWRX; 05-02-2003 at 09:15 PM.

No teets allowed

hey apod,

i think i would have gotten reprimanded for the TEETS showing, instead of giving out passwords. lol.

Re: No teets allowed

Originally posted by drbyers
    hey apod,

i think i would have gotten reprimanded for the TEETS showing, instead of giving out passwords. lol.

LOL

Yeah...they were a big hit not too long ago. I still have a grey pair I wear to the lake!

Tell me more about what you do.

office space

ever see the movie "Office Space?"

I was like that lead character guy, so fed up with red tape that I actually tried to get fired from my last job.

I finally landed in a place I like (www.sunlogix.com) and I do anything and everything that has to do with multimedia, print and visual effects post production.

You name it, I probably know it. Photoshop, flash, director, dreamweaver, html, premiere, after effects, yada, yada...

and it sure beats working for a living... lol.

Re: office space

Originally posted by drbyers
    ever see the movie "Office Space?"

I was like that lead character guy, so fed up with red tape that I actually tried to get fired from my last job.

I finally landed in a place I like (www.sunlogix.com) and I do anything and everything that has to do with multimedia, print and visual effects post production.

You name it, I probably know it. Photoshop, flash, director, dreamweaver, html, premiere, after effects, yada, yada...

and it sure beats working for a living... lol.
    very nice site...hey you got any good recommendations for flash/actionscript books? i am currently taking a web dev class and I've taken to flash

books

hey matty,

try these two: foundation actionscript by friends of ed and advanced flash 5/mx actionscript in action.

just remember actionscripting is basically worked over javascript, so if you have javascript down then actionscripting will look familiar.

more books

hey matty,

i forgot to mention flash books. The new masters of flash series are very good and flash web design by hilman curtis is essential reading for the flash novice.

Ack... it just occured to me.
    This thread is in the *wrong* forum!
    ?

Sorry for the xtra work mods!

-tp

Hey doc, that's a cool site! I am nowhere close to knowing how to do that stuff, although I really would enjoy it I think.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast