What pays the bills? - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on What pays the bills? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am a rocket scientist by education (BS in Aeronautical Engineering) I now build tank simulators and (this is good...) ...

I am a rocket scientist by education (BS in Aeronautical Engineering)

I now build tank simulators and (this is good...) simulators for teaching drivers education.
    Mmmmmm....

Mustangs for lunch!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by RayfieldsWRX
    RPI is a GREAT school. When I graduated NC State in M.E., the average starting salary for a degreed engineer was about $34,000. Of course, that was 14 years ago...
    Plus you RPI guys probably can get a bit of a premium...
    Yeah, even though its a lot of work, and there are virtually no girls worth my time here (4 guys :1 girl), its been a good experience, I've made lots of good friends and I'm getting the education my parents never got (sends thanks out to my parents). Its a good place. I think I made the right choice.

that was 14 years ago...

Times have changed a bit haven't they.
    Never stop learning.

Originally posted by thedogmmm
    simulators for teaching drivers education.

We need more people like you around. Hmm, thats an interesting business, I'm going to look into that, thanks .
    Never stop learning.

No college, Military, Navy, Submarines, 50k a year. I get to retire in 13 years at age 38. Too bad its not enough to not ever have to work again.

Currently own 2 homes. Rent one live in the other. Goal is to have 10 by age 38 then sell them off and move to somewhere tropical and get fat and happy
    Last edited by skyjock41; 02-24-2004 at 12:33 PM.

Interesting thread, there are a lot of smart guys here! I'm more of a hands on guy, I work in the maintenance shop of a small ski area. I work on everything there, snow blowers, snowmobiles, and Pisten Bully's (snow cats). I also work on the ski lifts, a couple of Hall's built in the early 70's and a couple of Yan's built in the mid '80's.
    Orange cones fear me.

rakin in the big bucks at the Naval Academy *cough* *cough*

i confuse myself trying to figure out how i can afford my monthly payments

I am the guy that applies the tanning oil to the hawiain tropics girls.

just kidding. I repair/ build carbon fiber parts for a major airline, I also work on metal/honeycomb bonded structors. its good for 70k plus base pay, and is lots of fun. have my airframe and powerplant fedreal licences along with a comercial insturment piolts licences. that plus my wife is a human resourse manager, lets me have a station wagon that will go 0-60 in the 4 second range
    vf34 turbo, utec, blitz sbc-id, defi center pod (w/ boost, egt, and oil temp gauges), sti 565c injectors, warlboro fuel pump, godspeed uppipe, godspeed downpipe, prodrive axelback, samco intercooler hoses, blitz sus intake, grounding mod, intercooler water sprayer, intercooler temp gauge.painted stock wheels w/ 225/50/16 avs1000 yokahamas, prodrive springs, whiteline rear strut tower bar, sedan rear swaybar, vivid solid endlinks, kartboy shortshifter, kartboy shifter bushings, momo shift knob,

18yr old College student at the University at Albany (SUNY)

I'm the owner of www.hidplace.com ... ehhh its only 2 months old and pays for some bills, my parents pay for my car but i tend to pay for everything else some how

Hopfully this summer i can work for Fitch, thats where my brother works, hes going to hook me up with an internship (20/hr i'll be living large!)

SQC - 189

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    hmmm I see a correlation between all those items... but wow man a hamster? I prefer gerbils my self cus you can keep a hold of their tail so they dont "get lost", ya know... hehe it tickles

I'm a finance manager at a Dodge store.

btw, the SRT-4 is the fastest car EVAR!!!!!!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

I Support ClubWRX
    Did pistolpreeth ever post in this thread?!?!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Not an IT guy though I am a computer geek. I design cars, and am in school now to finish my BFA so I can make those perty concepts.
    2000 WRX

nice

VV

Originally posted by geronimo66
    Not an IT guy though I am a computer geek. I design cars, and am in school now to finish my BFA so I can make those perty concepts.

First post on this forum Actually don't have a WRX yet but I will by June! Currently drive what might actually be the opposite driving experience of a WRX; a Ford Explorer Sport Really looking forward to selling it and joining the club

I graduated college w/ a MIS degree in December and have been working for a month as a "diagnostic analyst" for a company called Dictaphone. Lotta training right now but I'll eventually be supporting their hospital dictation/transcription systems. It's a job (w/ benefits) for now.

Full time med student. Summer job at pharmaceutical company, part time bartending, personal training pays for the car. LOANS out the ass for school. F$&k it.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by BassMan097
    Full time med student. Summer job at pharmaceutical company, part time bartending, personal training pays for the car. LOANS out the ass for school. F$&k it.
    wow, in med school, working 2 jobs and you have a wrx with those mods on it....

i salute you!
    what are you going to med school for specifically?
    my g/f will be going in a couple years and i be in pharmacy school after college long road

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.