SRT-4 Ow3ned - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-4 Ow3ned within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know cause I didn't say it. I was simply stating that 4th gear in a WRX isn't that ...

I don't know cause I didn't say it. I was simply stating that 4th gear in a WRX isn't that great. I'm stating my opinion from the videos I've seen on the net between a stock SRT vs. stock WRX.

I'm not by any means trying to start a flame war cause I like and respect the cars you guys drive.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by drizze99
    I don't know cause I didn't say it. I was simply stating that 4th gear in a WRX isn't that great. I'm stating my opinion from the videos I've seen on the net between a stock SRT vs. stock WRX.

I'm not by any means trying to start a flame war cause I like and respect the cars you guys drive.
    Bah! GO AWAY! STOP TRYING TO START A FLAME WAR!!!

Just kidding

Hehe it's true though. 4th gear isn't anywhere near the same power level as 3rd.
    2010 SSM STI

my forth gear is great ( ok I know,,, I am just being stupid !)
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Oh ok. Yes, 4th gear does lag.

OK, not to change the subject, but this thread is getting some action!!

Have any of you guys tried Iridium spark plugs yet? The reason why I'm asking is because the SRT came with ****ty champions and I know Denso and NGK make replacement plugs for the SRT and they are Iridium.

LOL!! you guys got a language filter!! Sorry, I'll word differently next time!!

I had some IK16 Densos in my Accord and they made a little bit of a difference. The low end was better. I don't know if they would do anything for a FI motor though...

Well, right now with these worthless champions we are getting spark blow out when we raise the boost to 16.5psi. I'm going to turbo xs tomorrow to do a dyno and tune and I think I'm going to re-gap my plugs to .040 or .045. The factory calls for .050!!

Well, right now with these worthless champions we are getting spark blow out when we raise the boost to 16.5psi. I'm going to turbo xs tomorrow to do a dyno and tune and I think I'm going to re-gap my plugs to .040 or .045. The factory calls for .050!!
    Cool. I'm interested to know your results. If the gap change does not work, will you try the Densos? What about NGK Iridiums?

The gapping will work cause it worked for someone else on the SRT boards, but IMO, it's just a quick fix. I was on the phone today with DENSO and NGK and their gapping for the replacement plugs is .044. I'm definitely going to get them. They are pricey though, about 11-15 bucks a plug!! I will go with the coldest of the two. I got the replacement numbers and the numbers for the one that is 2 ranges colder. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I'm not looking for gains (although they both claim I'll get it), just consistant spark at high RPMs and boost!!

Yeah they are pricey. I think I paid something like $85 for a set of 6 Densos. They lasted about 30k miles. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on your results.

I was not running him in 4th. Yes I shifted to third with about 4500 rpms...but still. If he was up for it he should have engaged lower torque as well...

He actually had a better launch than I did. He anticipated my third honk and gunned it! That is why I said I heard his engine meow and then mine !roared!

bahahah that's going as a background!!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Went to Turbo XS and dynoed today:

With just a boost controller pushin' 16.9psi and ****ty* 93 octane gas, my baby made 262.3whp/290wt !!

Went to Turbo XS and dynoed today:

With just a boost controller pushin' 16.9psi and ****ty* 93 octane gas, my baby made 262.3whp/290wt !!
    Damn! Congrats! That's some serious powa! How high can you boost that turbo? Is 16.9 max?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast