350z buddy calls me out...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 350z buddy calls me out... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We met a while back and he said that he just got a 350z. He told me he wanted to ...

350z buddy calls me out...

We met a while back and he said that he just got a 350z. He told me he wanted to go from a stop to 60 because he didn't want to risk getting a ticket more than he had too to race. I was like you know I have awd and I'm modded right(TBE,UPpipe,15psi,bov)? I was like you will spin off the line and I'll just take off. He said he is going to turn on traction control.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i raced a [hot girl in a] 350Z from about 20-70 or so and pulled slowly but surely to about 1 or 1.5 carlengths with a mbc, axleback, and intercooler hoses... you should bet lunch on it or something
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Traction Control vs AWD

This will be no contest to 60 mph! You should bet your friend a steak dinner or something.

Especailly considering the optimal 0-60 time is someone who knows how to drive w/ out traction control as it will pull fuel and allow a novice to accelerate faster but a good driver can do better w/ out it.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

That is why I posted here, because I find it kind of funny. I heard traction control helps because it cuts power from back there(RWD). When peeps race at the track they turn it off for the best e.t.

I used to turn my TCS off (Tiburon V6 6spd) for aggressive driving or track use. It would just make the car feel like it was bogging down.

Of course, my brand new-picked it up today-'04 WRX doesn't have TCS, thankfully.

Originally posted by GSR2003

Of course, my brand new-picked it up today-'04 WRX doesn't have TCS, thankfully.
    Thats cause it doesn't need it.

One of the things I hated about the Tiburon, was always having to remember to switch off the TCS. I don't recall it ever helping in any situation that I drove the car in, in the 57k I put on it in the year that I had it. Including snow storms, rain, track use, etc.

Re: 350z buddy calls me out...

Originally posted by BamBooI
    He told me he wanted to go from a stop to 60 because he didn't want to risk getting a ticket more than he had too to race.
    its ashame they don`t make places where you`re allowed to break the speed limit

...er sh!t they do!!! they`re called "drag strips" or something like that, crazy eh? i hear they even give you a little piece of paper that tells you who won

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.