WRX vs. Mercedes CLK 55
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Mercedes CLK 55 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving through some windy road and came upon this silver Mercedes who started tailgating me. He was going ...

WRX vs. Mercedes CLK 55

I was driving through some windy road and came upon this silver Mercedes who started tailgating me. He was going to turn right at the "T" while I turned left. I guess he must've heard my Borla exhaust and he followed me instead. This old man finally caught up with me on a light.

Old Man: Rolls down window and says, "You wanna go?"
    Me: "Sure, as long as it's not over 100 or anything crazy like that."
    Old Man: "Don't worry, you won't get over 100."
    Well we both got over 100 MPH a couple of times at a 45 zone.

So we ran through traffic. I had him at a third gear roll and he couldn't catch up. I know because he wouldn't let me get beside him and then we go. So as soon as I went, he went also. We get to another light and traffic was clear this time. I got him in 1st gear, and as soon as I shifted, he caught up and got a car length in front of me. Then when I shifted in third, he really pulled lengths on me. I guess I need to learn to shift faster .

I found out this car was AMG? automatics, 0-60 MPH in 4.7 seconds, low 13s in the 1/4 mile, and $70k. With power shifting, I might've kept up with him, but I want my gears to last longer than that.
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Few mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Awsome!!!!!!!! 70K for that car and you gave him a run huh.

I Love these cars.. they can keep up with the prices ranges nearly trippled. Thumbs up!!

-John

Sherb,

What kind of mods do you have?

I think I could take a CLK55 once I get my uppipe installed.
    Then again, I also know how to launch my car so it looks like it's trying to get away from itself.

Driving skill doesn't mean squat in a CLK55:
    1) automatic tranny
    2) traction control

Essentially, if you've raced one, you've raced them all.

-Jim

Yeah, I thought to myself, this guy must really be a good shifter or he had an automatic tranny. He didn't peel from the start and I had him from the start. I just shifted too slowly as the launch and 1st gear, I was pulling on him. I never had too shift good against other people before. Next time, no mercy, hehe if I can .

Mods I have: 16 PSI boost, uppipe, injen intake, Borla Cat-back
    2002 Rally Blue WRX - Few mods

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    dang AMG mercedes! they may be fast, but they cost waaaaay too damn much

put a vishnu stage zero on your wrx and then smoke him.

btw, all mercedes have automatics, except for the slk i think

You can get a 6 speed on the C class, but they are no competition for the Rex. I was going to get one till I saw the WRX. Couldn't be happier.

C32 AMGs run low 13s stock. Automatics.

Thats an AMG. Think STi or another fairly heavily modified WRX. Mucho more $ for the AMG.

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    Thats an AMG. Think STi or another fairly heavily modified WRX. Mucho more $ for the AMG.
    true dat.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.