Beating my ex
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Beating my ex within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; heh... I didn't "beat" my ex, I beat my former car, the Nissan Spec V. As my fiancee and I ...

Beating my ex

heh... I didn't "beat" my ex, I beat my former car, the Nissan Spec V.

As my fiancee and I were sitting at a stoplight last night, a Spec V pulls up next to us with the bass thumpin and the engine screaming. I couldn't see the kid cuz the seats were gangsta style (all I saw was the arm to the steering wheel and a cap).

I told my women that this kid wants to go when the light turn. The fact that the rex was a 4eat and my women was driving it got me worried. I knew that Spec V will have us for lunch out of the hole and I still have no idea on how to launch a 4eat.

Light turns and sure enough that Spec burned a little rubber and peeled through 2nd as the 4eat was buildling up boost. Needless to say, when the rex got past the 3000 mark we started to reel the Spec in. Poor kid had to shift into 3rd and we flew past him as he shifted.

My women was laughing so hard she forgot to slow down. I think she likes the rex. Hopefully I'll get another one before long and call it mine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Beating my ex

Originally posted by AsianWRX
    Hopefully I'll get another one before long and call it mine
    Make sure that one is a manual.

WRX
    Launching in the auto is fairly simple. Just takes a time or two of practice.

all you have to do is pull the e-brake when doing your brake torque (mashing the gas and brake at the same time). When your RPM's get to around 3k, gun it and drop the e-brake at the same time. Now, on your launch, keep it in D and once you get around the top of 1st gear, slap it into 3 (power mode). I did this very technique when I went to the track and I was pulling 2.1 60' times.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

"women," eh????? i see we have a playa in the house

good kill man

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.