Blocked the flyby
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blocked the flyby within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving back from playing cards last night, I was doing around 75-80 on the tollway when I passed a Civic. ...

Blocked the flyby

Driving back from playing cards last night, I was doing around 75-80 on the tollway when I passed a Civic. It had a nice ricer thing going, with dual exhaust tips (one on each side of the rear bumper, like a V-8) and an underbody neon kit. As I passed him, I noticed a huge blue tach with a shift light. I groaned inwardly, knowing it was inveitable that this guy wouldn't let me pass without a challenge.

Sure enough he immediately caught up to me. I slowed down a little so we were both going 60 or so. He punched it first, so I floored it in 3rd. It was over before it started, I pulled all over him and he shut down. I began to slow down, when I noticed him coming up fast on my right side. He had floored it from way back and was planning on giving me a serious fly by So I dropped it back into 3rd and punched it right as he was almost to my back bumper. He managed to pass me but I immediately reeled him back in and passed him (again). He shut down again and hung back 3-4 car lengths, refusing to come up even with me even when I slowed down to 60 or so. I guess he didn't like having his show of force stolen
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahah awesome Be careful when people do that though, stupid ricers

Funny story.. first time I raced an Evolution, I was on the highway and I come up next to one doing about 50mph, I was in 3rd gear. I punch it and so does he but I pull away from him by the end of the gear and he lets off.. Feeling good about myself then i slowed down to the speed limit and was going to give him a thumbs up, when all of a sudden he does a ricer flyby doing like 100mph Pointless..

Then out of nowhere, an Lancer OZ rally edition also does a flyby, but with his hazards on!hehehe That made me laugh though..don't know where that guy came from.

Thank you for denying the fly-by, excellent work.
    '04 BMW 325ci

But I still have plenty of love for Subaru.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.