Stage 4 walks LS1 z28 top end - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stage 4 walks LS1 z28 top end within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So far so good! My car is also my daily driver, and so far I've racked up 16k miles on ...

So far so good! My car is also my daily driver, and so far I've racked up 16k miles on it driving downtown Chicago every day. I don't drop the clutch, and I rarely take off hard out of the hole. That said, I don't drive easy either, I'm an aggressive driver and I drive my car hard. So far its held up beautifully, stock clutch and stock tranny.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

interesting. and how much HP does that stage 4 kit put out? have you dynoed, or do you know the advertised HP numbers?
    03 blue WRX.
    Weeeeee!

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Was the camaro modded?
    I would assume his Z28 was stock. I didn't ask him but it looked stock. He still had the stock exhaust out back. Thats usually a pretty good sign.

I didn't post my other kill but it was also good. I raced an 03 Mach1. He came flying up on me from behind doing probably 100mph. He then got caught at the next red light. We both hit it in the middle of 1st gear. I pulled on him hard and steady up to 90mph. I had him by several if not more cars. The best part was the guy in the Mach 1 had a hot girl friend and she couldn't take her eyes off the mighty WRX. Her jaw dropped and she let out a scream as I walked away from her boyfriends Mustang. It was priceless.

when my rex grows up it wants to be like SGOS's rex.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    when my rex grows up it wants to be like SGOS's rex.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..............

auto ls1 are not as quick as an m6 ls1. i have pulled an auto ls1 from a 40->100 mph roll... just like .5 cars and held it...m6 ls1 i will get my ass kicked... i have tbe,uppipe,bov,15psi

Yep the slushbox usually kills off some hosepower.

I gotta think that a Camaro is still more aerodynamic than a rex. Any of you stage 4 guys know where your cars top out? Wondering if there would be a point where the old F body would come back past on the way to its 171 mph (or 168 with a low profile light rack) top speed.

Can you tell the NY state police has some LS-1 Camaros
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Originally posted by chevyeater
    Yep the slushbox usually kills off some hosepower.

I gotta think that a Camaro is still more aerodynamic than a rex. Any of you stage 4 guys know where your cars top out? Wondering if there would be a point where the old F body would come back past on the way to its 171 mph (or 168 with a low profile light rack) top speed.

Can you tell the NY state police has some LS-1 Camaros
    I don't know the official top speed of a Stage 4 WRX but it in the 160+mph range. I talked to one guy who said he got his WRX up to 164mph at some track. He said that the speed was official (what ever that means) He had basically a Stage 4 Setup on his WRX.

I've had my WRX up to 155mph being shadowed by a WS6 Trans Am. My WRX had more in it but I was afraid to go anyfaster.
    The car handled the speed pretty good but not nearly as good as my old LS1 z28.
    The biggest problem is slowing down a WRX from 155mph with the stock brakes. The stock brakes don't work very well at all at high speeds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.