WRX vs Prelude
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Prelude within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This prelude was the lastest model before they discontinued them. I saw it had exhaust. This girl and I were ...

WRX vs Prelude

This prelude was the lastest model before they discontinued them. I saw it had exhaust. This girl and I were going to get our hair cuts, and I see this honda roll beside me and rev at me. I got beside him, and I reved back. I was in second gear at about 35 and we both hit it. I got to like 50 and let off due to traffic coming ahead. I had about 1 car on him. I was kinda down low in the rpms when we kicked it but if I would have gotten to wind out 3rd it would have been murder. At one point I let off and got back on it b/c I thought he wasn't racing but he was. doh.

I asked the girl I was with if I got a prize ( boob flash ) for winning, but she said no. Damn.

My mods are uppipe, full exhaust, bov, mbc @ 15psi.
    Last edited by BamBooI; 04-29-2003 at 07:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, you would have destroyed him in the end of it all. The only way he could get you is if he's heavily modded. I don't know how those cars do on top end to tell you that he would be a challenge at high speeds. Maybe someone else can enlighten us...
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I don't think it would have had much chance at the top end either. My stock WRX decimated a late Prelude this past weekend, not only did i take it from a stop by a long margin, I chased it down on the top end when they decided to try and play with me on a deserted back road (and I was damn far back thanks to a light) I just reeled it in and blew by it.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

i've had both cars before, and i can honestly say, stock for stock, prelude is faster on top, and by a margin, i've raced enough wrx off rolls in a prelude to walk them, and raced enough preludes in a wrx and get walked on...

then again, a bpu rex will murder just about anything the prelude can throw at it...

Hehe boob flash ... Nice kill though. When I first got my wrx(15yrs. ago it seems), I lost to a Prelude from an stop light race. I had no idea how to race or launch my car..ahh those were the days.

I have been in a lude to 140 and it was pulling harder than my rex above 100. Raced the same on on a 70mph roll and from a stop destryed him both times. I dont know, if it were a race from 0 to top it would probably take miles to catch up to the rex because you would kill a lude to about 120 or so.

Originally posted by Trypsin
    I have been in a lude to 140 and it was pulling harder than my rex above 100. Raced the same on on a 70mph roll and from a stop destryed him both times. I dont know, if it were a race from 0 to top it would probably take miles to catch up to the rex because you would kill a lude to about 120 or so.
    maybe if it was a stock wrx... a stage 2 wrx +uppipe -chip will walk all over most na hondas

I'm sure it makes a world of difference, but this Prelude was an autotragic.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Originally posted by BamBooI
    maybe if it was a stock wrx... a stage 2 wrx +uppipe -chip will walk all over most na hondas
    I agree, but for a stock rex against a stock lude, if you did a 100 mph roll, the lude would win. Thats about the only time.

Originally posted by STIwish
    I'm sure it makes a world of difference, but this Prelude was an autotragic.
    that explains a lot, consider they take like a whole second to shift...

I whipped a real exterior souped up predlude the other day, and the guy was actually kinda pissed about it. This was that bright purple color, with CF hood and trunk and to tell the truth, was kinda tight looking with grill/headlights/and all. But by accelerating quickly, the gauntlet was thrown and he was passed easily on a strait 2-lane road with a easy curve. He probably saw it coming, but I guess he just wanted to taste defeat.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

i spanked a late model preluse the other week in my 00civic sir with aem cai. His was modded exterior exhaust, intake and who know what else plus i had a passenger. The prelude is not that almighty trust me.

You're right, from what I have seen, they are far from mighty.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    RIP

Originally posted by Nico
    i spanked a late model preluse the other week in my 00civic sir with aem cai. His was modded exterior exhaust, intake and who know what else plus i had a passenger. The prelude is not that almighty trust me.
    so which engine is in the sir?? the jdm b16b?? or b16a2?? although i think both in a 2000 civic will lose to a prelude, unless you got a hatch...

all usdm civic sir models came with b16a2, and trust me i beat him. There is a web board full of prelude kill stories at clubsi.com if u have any doubts as to what the civic sir is capable of against the prelude.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.