*VIDEO* WRX vs. GST - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on *VIDEO* WRX vs. GST within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by STIwish Here is a question for you guys about the 2g GS-T, I know they are quick ...

Originally posted by STIwish
    Here is a question for you guys about the 2g GS-T, I know they are quick cars, however one of my brothers friends talks a whole lot of smack, and people worship the street this car rolls on, but I fail to see why. Its a body kit'd 96 GS-T, has an ugly WW body kit on it (i think its WW), has a gigantic tripledecker of a wing, is running 16psi of boost from the stock snail, full 3" exaust, and a supposed 100 shot of nitrous (BS if you ask me)... not to mention a BOV.... and he says he runs mid 10s.... I call BS all the time, but people swear its like the king of the streets... what do you guys think? I almost know there is no way he is running what he claims... but how fast do you think it actually might be? PS. great video, what kinda camera did that come off?
    If those are the only mods that he has, he is lying. There is no way that he is running 10's on the stock turbo. My best guess would be high 12's low 13's. Now if he had the upgraded turbo, 16g or 20g, then he is running higher than 16psi and could possible be in the 10's.

Patrick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is a guy who runs local here with a heavily modded GS-T...bout 10k under the hood alone and he is running low 11's.

And I believe that is without nitriuos....but not sure....

So I would have to call BS on your friend!!!

Go race him and find out....if he doesnt want to race...then its definitely BS
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Oh, I would LOVE to race him, and will given the chance.. but supposedly he bent a rod racing a Viper with NAWS! and he is waiting on his mommy and daddy to buy him a new engine.. I can't wait to line up with this kid, I really cant.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I had a '92 GSX and '97 GST. The second gen turbos are crap. He's lucky if he breaks into the 13's with the stock turbo. 1st gen stock turbos hit mid 13's no problem. 2nd gen went to the T(to small)25, are lucky to hit low 14's.

Hmm 2nd gen DSM's are heavier and have a smaller turbo than first gen's. It is not possible to run 12's with a stock turbo on an AWD 2nd gen. Low thirteens at best, and considering the front wheel drive traction problems, id say its more like 13.5 at 102mph. Consider his gay WW huge spoiler and full body kit, that will add even more weight. Do yourself a favor and look at his car, if you see an AFC chillin in his interior (small 4x6 blue screen) and a front mount intercooler up front, its probably safe to say the turbo might be swapped for a larger 16 or 20G or even a badass T-3/4. while your at it, check if its really a GST, look for the pumpkin in the rear axle, his should have none. If there is a rear diff its a GSX. If you have any mods, and its Front wheel drive go for it. 10's is impossible for that car. thats like running 10's in a front wheel drive WRX... not gonna happen turbo, or at all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bsflag.gif  
    2003 Black Sedan
    M/T

Oh yeah!! I left the best part out, its a Spyder Can we say HEAVY? I know this punk is full of crap, and when his mommy and daddy fix his car, I am going to line up with him, win or lose, that thing is NOT a 10 second car
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Originally posted by hobbzz
    Even with the 100 shot, I think it would be 12.9xx-13.6xx. He might be able to get high 12's if he didn't take his foot off the gas when shifting, and didn't use the clutch. That's if he would even make it down the track though! The camera is a JVC GR-DVL120U mini DV. I downloaded it to my computer at somewhere in the 3xx kps range, and I could have gone all the way up to 25mb (that deals with picture quality), but I wasn't sure if I would have been able to e-mail a file that big. Overall I think it is a very nice camera for the price. Thanks again!
    I got a miniDV camera too, but I don't know how to get the videos on the computer! The only way I can get stuff onto the computer from it is when I use the memory card. I wanna be able to take full videos and put em on the comp.

NICE Run! I really wanna start makin vids, but i can't cus I don't know how to get em on the computer!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    I got a miniDV camera too, but I don't know how to get the videos on the computer! The only way I can get stuff onto the computer from it is when I use the memory card. I wanna be able to take full videos and put em on the comp.

NICE Run! I really wanna start makin vids, but i can't cus I don't know how to get em on the computer!
    I use Windows Movie Maker. If all you wanna do is download it without any editing, it works great. Just plug it in and it automatically starts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.