C&D WRX STi vs. EVO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on C&D WRX STi vs. EVO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Anyone check this out yet?...

C&D WRX STi vs. EVO

Anyone check this out yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check what out?

I'm guessing that the new C&D has an article comparing the two. If they do, I must of missed it yesterday when browsing magazines.
    It's not a damn beanbag!

yeah theres a thread on nasioc.com about it. lemme find it:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=353122

full performance data and driving impressions. did laps around willow springs with ryce millen as the driver. sti won all acceleration tests, evo was a tick faster around the road course. C/D complained about understeer on the sti compared to the more neutral evo. in the end they ranked evo over the sti. but i think it was real close.

mark
    2002 s2k - stock

that would be about right to what i've been guessing about the 2 cars. the sti would of course be faster in the straights with the evo of course being faster in the twisties. it's all about what kinda driver u are, straight or twisties. evo could always up its power and sti can always get better suspension. i want both cars
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

the only thing i dont like about the EVO are the altezza style tails. i spotted one on the road once and i had to look twice to make sure it wasnt a riced out civic.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    i want both cars
    Me too, but I'd give the lancer to my boy when he's old enough.
    It seems he has taken a liking to Lancers and Mitsus in general (little traitor )
    Just throw a rear sway and the STi will be fine in the corners.
    That 100 ft braking is real nice though. They really did a good job in that dept.

Gee, Rhys Millen did the driving and the EVO was faster on the road course. There is a shocker.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

man.....i still haven't gotten my issues, damn it.....

but those results are what i was expecting.....looking at the handling and braking numbers of the evo is just amazing for a car under 30k

and the sti....well, what can you say bout it's power and over, everyday kinda car
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

both cars are great. I'd be happy to have either one sitting in my garage, but the STi didn't do as well as I thought it would. Only thing I'm hesitant about is the reliability of the mitsu. I've owned dsm's in the past and although they were easy to mod, something new would break every week...

Evo vs. STi review by C&D, Automobile, and MT seems to go along with what has been said about the two in the past around the world.

Given the choice, I'd take the STi though, since the streets and highways here in the Midwest are mostly flat and straight and ya gotta love the 2.5L.
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 04-29-2003 at 09:58 PM.

I agree. I figured the STi would of posted better numbers. Never the less, both cars are sweet. Personally i'd take the STi. As Fast said, 2.5 = $$.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ooh this is funny! This reminds me of that EVO vs WRX thing that C/D had a little while ago, where they said the EVO felt faster, sharper etc than the WRX , but for the everyday drive, they'll take a WRX.

So.....by that calculation....:

EVO = better than WRX STi

WRX = better than EVO

Therefore, WRX = better than EVO and WRX STi!!

Yay!!!
    2010 SSM STI

IS THIS RIGHT??

Anyone notice

Evo 0-100 takes 13.5 seconds
    Looking @ the 1/4 mile we could say the EVO does 0-101 in 13.6 seconds; that makes sense it takes it .1 seconds more to go 1 mph faster.

However look at the STI

STI 0-100 takes 12.4 seconds
    Looking @ the 1/4 mile we could say the STI does 0-103 in 13.2 seconds?

How can you account for the STI taking almost a full second to go 3 miles an hour faster?
    http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...499_9_full.jpg

Mods: WSP Y-pipe, Custom Midpipe, Custom Ram Air feeding a JWT filter & Velocity Stack

Motor Trend, Road Test, June 1994
    "Our tester, a five-speed SE version of this fourth generation of Maxima, produced a blazing 6.6-second 0-60-mph time, and a 15.2-second, 92.4-mph quarter-mile run. Ask us, and we'll tell you how the Maxima SE will whip the Integra GS-R, and Taurus SHO; the new Maxima also shows no mercy on its Nissan stablemates: It'll stomp the normally aspirated 300ZX, and drivers of automatic-transmissioned 300ZX Turbos best not be snoozing when the light goes green. This demure-looking family car is the quickest Japanese sedan available in the States."

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Temporial anomalies, of course.

The STi gets to 130mph 4 seconds faster than the EVO in their testing. 4 full seconds. Thats huge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast