STG4 TMI > Carrera 4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STG4 TMI > Carrera 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This happened a while ago, but had no time to post. I was driving my friends stage 4 utec'd wrx ...

STG4 TMI > Carrera 4

This happened a while ago, but had no time to post. I was driving my friends stage 4 utec'd wrx after putting in his boost controller and we decided to go get gas...we head for the local sunoco (mmm 94oct) when one light before it i see a cool looking porsche, it was a carrera 4. She is in front of me, and the light turns green and she floors it across the intersection...which i thought to be unusual, but w/e. I get out to fill up and see her...er my bad..its a guy with long hair wearing pink short-shorts, go fill up his car. He looks at the WRX funny, in a snobtastic sorta way, so now its on.

We fill the car with the sweet 94octane necter and follow the guy out of the station onto the road out front. I wanted to run him so I follow pretty close behind. He looks up, makes a face or somthing and floors it (auto). I downshift and pin it and have to let off slightly to not bump him...after bout 6 seconds traffic clears in the right lane and i move over and floor it, slamming gears as i go...AND BEGIN TO PASS HIM. Im moving by him at about 5-6mph...Well i almost pass him, as i walk him to about 125, where my rear bumper was at his front he slams the breaks as hard as he could, and dropped back to 45mph. I likened it to hitting the reset button on the nintendo and pretending it didnt happen.

He did end up next to me at the next light but my friend and I called him a p***y, and said we liked his pants...at which point he flipped us off and dove into the turning lane.

That 30 seconds made my week b/c he assumed his VERY expensive vehicle owned everything on the road, and acted very arrogant about it. Ha, im still laughing and that was 4 weeks ago.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would love to own a Porsche, but man, their drivers often times are snobtastic pricks. I wonder how a stock Rex would fare against a Boxter or Boxter S though, I can't wait to find out
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

I was under the impression the Utech controlled the Boost as well, therby negating the need for a Boost controller..
    320hp/306tq 20g Powah

"snobtastic" haha! thats great. i love your diction.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Originally posted by F22-Raptor
    I was under the impression the Utech controlled the Boost as well, therby negating the need for a Boost controller..
    It can, but it the customer wanted an EBC, which is better in my opinion anyway.

You called him a ***** because you beat him or because he looked at your car funny?

Although the "I like your pants" comment was great
    - Capt Crunch

Hmmm. I would imagine a Stage 4 rex to pull much more then that on only a Carrerra 4...
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Arrow how about a Stock REX vs. a 911 Carrea?

Originally posted by STIwish
    I would love to own a Porsche, but man, their drivers often times are snobtastic pricks. I wonder how a stock Rex would fare against a Boxter or Boxter S though, I can't wait to find out
    i say screw the Boxter, i took a 911 Carrea from a roll, yes it was an auto, but those still have around 300 ponies, the best part about the whole thing was the car had 30 day tags on it, and the guy's wife was inside the car...
    sliver 03' RX

I raced a boxter s last week from a stop of course i took him off the line he stayed with me in second and I pulled on him slightly on him in third I had him by about 4 lengths at the top of third gear I let off and he came beside me at the next light and told me he got the car a week ago and was going to take it back because he got beat by a sube. I expected more from the boxter i am sure he did too.

Check out my run in...

WRX vs Porche

I forget to say that the car was running a base map, so its totally untuned and you get high if u stand near it at idle. Its getting tuned at TXS in a week.

Originally posted by Capt Crunch
    You called him a ***** because you beat him or because he looked at your car funny?
    Im just a loser and it made me feel better about myself.

im the owner of that car.... the other guy in it when said events occured
    Originally posted by CKxx
    Im just a loser and it made me feel better about myself.
    arg... the CK man doesnt give himself enough credit..
    i feel that cars like porches are either for people who a)have no clue about cars {or} b) have money to throw at one
    not to offend anyone's tastes.. i things porches look mucho sexy but there is just something about buying a 125000$$ that cant overpower a 28000$$ car that aggrivates me. To me, it seems only just for someone who can p00p on a 125k$ car in a 28k$ car to do so... its almost an obligation.
    i guess i just dont like people who assume that because they have huge pockets they are superior to me... (BTW in this case it was clearly so)
    Last edited by TOTWillegh; 05-05-2003 at 09:35 PM.

Originally posted by TOTWillegh
    im the owner of that car.... the other guy in it when said events occured

arg... the CK man doesnt give himself enough credit..
    i feel that cars like porches are either for people who a)have no clue about cars {or} b) have money to throw at one
    not to offend anyone's tastes.. i things porches look mucho sexy but there is just something about buying a 125000$$ that cant overpower a 28000$$ car that aggrivates me. To me, it seems only just for someone who can p00p on a 125k$ car in a 28k$ car to do so... its almost an obligation.
    i guess i just dont like people who assume that because they have huge pockets they are superior to me... (BTW in this case it was clearly so)
    amen to that preach on my brother

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.